Kadjar Facelift 2019
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Browsing through the German forum, came across a thread discussing the proposed facelift.

Updated model rumoured to be available late this year. Changes to body sculpture front and rear, and addition of the larger r-link screen.

Couple of pics ....note the colour coded mirrors. And don't those seats look all fabric? Mind you, no 'Bose' speakers and sunroof, so probably just a test vehicle.

renault-kadjar-2018-planche-de-bord.jpg

renault-kadjar-2018-vue-av_1.jpg

A facelift has been rumoured for a while but there has never been anything concrete, it can't come soon enough IMO; Kadjar, whilst a good car, has aged quickly and has been overtaken quickly by the competition.

Also it needs more of a Renault stamp, I've always felt that it was a hasty re-model of the Kumquat, with too much Nissan in there and not enough Renault.

Also I know for a fact that there are forthcoming spec and spec name changes afoot across the whole of the Renault range, these are coming into effect to coincide with the new WLTP emissions changes.

*EDIT*, Ok it looks as though Kadjar and Twingo are not affected by these spec changes until phase II of each one which is late 2018/early 2019.

15 hours ago, HTP99 said:

A facelift has been rumoured for a while but there has never been anything concrete, it can't come soon enough IMO; Kadjar, whilst a good car, has aged quickly and has been overtaken quickly by the competition.

Also it needs more of a Renault stamp, I've always felt that it was a hasty re-model of the Kumquat, with too much Nissan in there and not enough Renault.

I've been arguing those points for a long while. Always is/was Nissan in a French frock but I felt Renault went to Matalan rather than Next when it came to the "accessories"

If we get similar to the German example above, not only is the RLink jobby larger, it's in a much more sensible place, almost Renaultesq. BUT, it does look like an optional extra in that it looks stuck on rather than integrated, like they do in the Clio when Rlink comes as an option.

Sounds like it's timed right for my swap, will be keeping a watchful eye.

Been following this on the fb site.  I expected to see the front end follow the likes of the Keleos and the Megane with the new type DRLs.   

The rear should have followed the Meganes rear lights.

from what I’ve read it wasn’t expected to see the portrate rlink screen in there but if it has the extra features that’s seeen in the Senic and Megane then it can’t be all that bad