• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Kadjar Facelift 2019
3 3

35 posts in this topic

Browsing through the German forum, came across a thread discussing the proposed facelift.

Updated model rumoured to be available late this year. Changes to body sculpture front and rear, and addition of the larger r-link screen.

Couple of pics ....note the colour coded mirrors. And don't those seats look all fabric? Mind you, no 'Bose' speakers and sunroof, so probably just a test vehicle.

renault-kadjar-2018-planche-de-bord.jpg

renault-kadjar-2018-vue-av_1.jpg

A facelift has been rumoured for a while but there has never been anything concrete, it can't come soon enough IMO; Kadjar, whilst a good car, has aged quickly and has been overtaken quickly by the competition.

Also it needs more of a Renault stamp, I've always felt that it was a hasty re-model of the Kumquat, with too much Nissan in there and not enough Renault.

Also I know for a fact that there are forthcoming spec and spec name changes afoot across the whole of the Renault range, these are coming into effect to coincide with the new WLTP emissions changes.

*EDIT*, Ok it looks as though Kadjar and Twingo are not affected by these spec changes until phase II of each one which is late 2018/early 2019.

15 hours ago, HTP99 said:

A facelift has been rumoured for a while but there has never been anything concrete, it can't come soon enough IMO; Kadjar, whilst a good car, has aged quickly and has been overtaken quickly by the competition.

Also it needs more of a Renault stamp, I've always felt that it was a hasty re-model of the Kumquat, with too much Nissan in there and not enough Renault.

I've been arguing those points for a long while. Always is/was Nissan in a French frock but I felt Renault went to Matalan rather than Next when it came to the "accessories"

If we get similar to the German example above, not only is the RLink jobby larger, it's in a much more sensible place, almost Renaultesq. BUT, it does look like an optional extra in that it looks stuck on rather than integrated, like they do in the Clio when Rlink comes as an option.

Sounds like it's timed right for my swap, will be keeping a watchful eye.

Been following this on the fb site.  I expected to see the front end follow the likes of the Keleos and the Megane with the new type DRLs.   

The rear should have followed the Meganes rear lights.

from what I’ve read it wasn’t expected to see the portrate rlink screen in there but if it has the extra features that’s seeen in the Senic and Megane then it can’t be all that bad

37 minutes ago, 1898 said:

A CVT in the Chinese Kadjar, will that become the automatic transmission for Europe too?

Nah that’ll be going backwards, Nissan technology!

Yes, alive and well in Salisbury, without offence to the folks down there.

Back on the serious stuff. I'd love to see a hybrid Kadjar, similar to the scenic. I *think* that has a 1.5dci plus the electric motors?.

My question is, given the diesel gives 108/110 bhp, is there a stage when the motors kick in to give upwards of that?

I would ask Renault but I'd prefer a more knowledgeable answer. 

All I can comment on that Ted is that ,in my case , the engine delivers 106 bhp and the electric motor brings it up to 149 bhp when required  , So I suppose the answer is yes , as long as as Renault do it properly ( what am I saying :o )

On 5/16/2018 at 1:00 PM, turboted10 said:

Yes, alive and well in Salisbury, without offence to the folks down there.

Back on the serious stuff. I'd love to see a hybrid Kadjar, similar to the scenic. I *think* that has a 1.5dci plus the electric motors?.

My question is, given the diesel gives 108/110 bhp, is there a stage when the motors kick in to give upwards of that?

I would ask Renault but I'd prefer a more knowledgeable answer. 

It is a Hybrid assist, it doesn't do a great deal:

ENERGY dCi 110 HYBRID ASSIST
For the ultimate in fuel efficiency in the All-New SCENIC range Renault offers the dCi 110
HYBRID ASSIST. The 10 kW electric motor aids the dCi 110 diesel engine under acceleration to
improve fuel economy. Under braking or deceleration the electric motor acts as a generator to
recover energy and charge the battery, ready to be used when accelerating. Launching in 2017

It is no longer available anyway.

14 hours ago, ulfire said:

Not surprised , didn't do enough to convince me ( and many others I suspect )

It worried me adding all that extra weight with no apparent extra power, so 108bhp under cruise conditions would lose probably 10bhp in a power to weight ratio.

That's that crossed of the "possible" list then, :D

10 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

It worried me adding all that extra weight with no apparent extra power, so 108bhp under cruise conditions would lose probably 10bhp in a power to weight ratio.

That's that crossed of the "possible" list then, :D

Same here . The Scenic Hybrid Assist did cross my mind even though I'd lost faith in Renault , I really loved my Scenics . My present car is capable of driving in EV only mode for several miles dependant on gradient and engine  temperature . I lost about 30 litres of boot space to the Kadjar , which was no problem for my usage . Also , I wasn't totally convinced about the higher driving position on the Kadjar . I find it just as good on a fastback styling as with the Kadjar in fact better for parking  , especially with rear camera throughout the range . :)

30 minutes ago, darenh said:

Apparently they are looking at banning hybrids that offer less then 50 per charge  from 2040!

I'd read that too . By that time my car will be gone ,most likely me too and maybe all of us . Also The battery technology will have moved on a lot by then . The plug in version of my car presently has a 29 mile EV range , 21  mile increase in 22 years shouldn't be a problem  :)

On 18/05/2018 at 9:53 AM, darenh said:

Apparently they are looking at banning hybrids that offer less then 50 per charge  from 2040!

Typical poor journalism put out to make everyone worry, along the lines of the diesel issue at the moment. 

Hybrids that do less than 50 miles on the battery won't be banned, hybrids that do less than 50 miles on the battery won't be allowed to be sold from 2040, so anything up to 2040 will be fine, it's just everything sold new from 2040 will have to do 50 or more miles on the battery.

2040 is over 20 years away, I'm pretty sure that the battery technology and drive train efficiency by then will be sufficiently developed to go at least 50 miles under electric only.

On 17/05/2018 at 6:41 PM, ulfire said:

Not surprised , didn't do enough to convince me ( and many others I suspect )

I remember when it was announced on Scenic training and everyone was like WTF is the point in that, it probably cost an absolute fortune to develop for probably absolutely zero gain in the real world.

Now with the tie in with Mitsubishi, we will start to see proper hybrids across the Renault range, starting with the forthcoming Clio and the Captur (which I have actually seen).

4 hours ago, HTP99 said:

I remember when it was announced on Scenic training and everyone was like WTF is the point in that, it probably cost an absolute fortune to develop for probably absolutely zero gain in the real world.

Now with the tie in with Mitsubishi, we will start to see proper hybrids across the Renault range, starting with the forthcoming Clio and the Captur (which I have actually seen).

Mitsubishi ? I would have thought the Mazda Sky Activ X would have been a better option