• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

MyRenault Service App & intervals for oil
4 4

12 posts in this topic

Just added my vehicle to this iPhone app to look at service intervals and its all in Km ....anyone see how to change this?

The Renault blurb elsewhere says the Kadjar has oil condition sensors so this will explain why some people will get longer or shorter intervals than others , not necessarily on how far you have driven between services.

If you bought a car after Feb 2018 you can within 3 months of registration get a £99 3 year service Easylife pack which is A service, B service, A service. For £100 more you can get a 4th year which is another B service with fuel filter replacement and if the service matrix bar graph in the  app is to believed the air filter and spark plugs ( if petrol engine I suppose) are in the 4 year segment.

It looks good value and is a good way to keep your warranty intact. 2018 Cars are now 3 not 4 years though...

Here are the T & Cs of Easylife.

Note that the web page table is slightly wrong in my view for year 4 if you upgrade to £199 EasyLife , there is no 'tick' in the service item for oil drain, only oil filter - that can't be right.

https://www.renault.co.uk/easylife.html

Renault Cars  (excl. ZE & Twingo) - The EasyLife Pack is available on eligible retail vehicles and ends when the vehicle has had 3 services or is 3 years old from registration date (whichever comes first). The pack includes 2 A (minor) Services (Safety checks, Vehicle Health Check and change of Cabin Filter) and 1 B (major) service (Safety checks, Vehicle Health Check, Oil Drain and Oil Filter). Services must be carried out in line with the manufacturer’s minimum maintenance programme requirements and servicing intervals within +/- 1 month or 1,000 miles of the service interval and can only be carried out at a Renault Approved outlet. Servicing does not include wear and tear parts including but not limited to brakes, tyres and wiper blades. To qualify you must order and purchase the EasyLife Pack from a Renault Approved outlet or Renault.co.uk before the first service or within the first 3 months from registration (whichever comes first). Cannot be part exchanged, refunded or transferred. The EasyLife pack is available on vehicles ordered and registered after 1st February 2018.

Edited by MD99
added url

My Kadjar was registered/collected on 22 March; It was a factory build (ordered in December). Despite this, according to Renault I don't qualify for the EasyLife Pack, and also my Warranty is for 3 years not 4...despite having ordered before the February deadline.

My dealer tells me that I'm not the only one in this situation, and they are currently hitting a brick wall trying to get a resolution from Renault. Just wondering if this is not resolved soon, whether I have grounds for rejecting the vehicle. I don't want to, because to date I am more than happy with the car itself. BUT...I am a man of principle. 

21 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

My Kadjar was registered/collected on 22 March; It was a factory build (ordered in December). Despite this, according to Renault I don't qualify for the EasyLife Pack, and also my Warranty is for 3 years not 4...despite having ordered before the February deadline.

My dealer tells me that I'm not the only one in this situation, and they are currently hitting a brick wall trying to get a resolution from Renault. Just wondering if this is not resolved soon, whether I have grounds for rejecting the vehicle. I don't want to, because to date I am more than happy with the car itself. BUT...I am a man of principle. 

I've previously uploaded the Oct 2017 brochure to this site, it shows a 4 year warranty. The Feb 2018 brochure shows 3 years. Unfortunately I don't see these helping much. My ex-boss had a dispute with Honda 'cos they gave him an old brochure and the CRV turned out different to what he expected. He followed all procedure to sort it out, even going to the ombudsman, who ruled: "Since the garage did not DELIBERATELY mislead you, you have no claim" He kept the car under a tarpaulin until the dispute was sorted - it took 12 months and the car had only done the distance from the garage [~30 miles] after that year. So, he got the wrong car AND he never had use of it for a year - Principle can be a painful business....

Hi I agree with your sentiments but hold fire a day or so.

I had an on line customer service chat yesterday about my eligibility too. I tried to buy this Easylife pack online but the chat said it there was a fault, go do a dealer. I rang my dealer and they said not eligible as I have a pre reg car and its only for new car sales first owner. I then returned to chat ,which was escalated to a a Renault.co.uk manager (Huw) who continued chatting and promised faithfully to call my dealer in Croydon and find out why they were saying that to me, as he checked my VIN and said I was eligible; and he agreed there is nothing in the T&Cs to say otherwise.Waiting for a call back...

I did suggest he looks over this forum and see what issues keep coming up as well as complaints about wrong or misleading information being given , for example about the Rlink2 and updates fixing one feature but removing another, or TomTom traffic subscription renewals or re entering after system updates.Then there is the DAB radio re setting and general performance, water in boot or footwells and  the big one now early turbo failures. I wont be using stop start ever on this engine as I am convinced this will lead to early turbo bearing failures unless Renault keep the oil pumped up to it when the engine has stopped itself in a stop-start cycle.At the very least they should have a sensor on the bearings and inhibit the stop-start if its too high; they inhibit it if the ambient air temperature is too low or the battery charge is failing.When we had turbos on private cars in the 80, & 90s the wisdom was to allow a minute of idle to let the red hot turbo and bearings cool down with a pumped oil supply.

1 hour ago, MD99 said:

Hi I agree with your sentiments but hold fire a day or so.

I had an on line customer service chat yesterday about my eligibility too. I tried to buy this Easylife pack online but the chat said it there was a fault, go do a dealer. I rang my dealer and they said not eligible as I have a pre reg car and its only for new car sales first owner. I then returned to chat ,which was escalated to a a Renault.co.uk manager (Huw) who continued chatting and promised faithfully to call my dealer in Croydon and find out why they were saying that to me, as he checked my VIN and said I was eligible; and he agreed there is nothing in the T&Cs to say otherwise.Waiting for a call back...

I did suggest he looks over this forum and see what issues keep coming up as well as complaints about wrong or misleading information being given , for example about the Rlink2 and updates fixing one feature but removing another, or TomTom traffic subscription renewals or re entering after system updates.Then there is the DAB radio re setting and general performance, water in boot or footwells and  the big one now early turbo failures. I wont be using stop start ever on this engine as I am convinced this will lead to early turbo bearing failures unless Renault keep the oil pumped up to it when the engine has stopped itself in a stop-start cycle.At the very least they should have a sensor on the bearings and inhibit the stop-start if its too high; they inhibit it if the ambient air temperature is too low or the battery charge is failing.When we had turbos on private cars in the 80, & 90s the wisdom was to allow a minute of idle to let the red hot turbo and bearings cool down with a pumped oil supply.

This has been done to death a week or so ago in a thread about turbo failures.

Forget apps or whatever, go with the blurb Renault supply directly to you in the form of a handbook and if you are lucky a service schedule. They should, and have to, supply that service schedule but simply don't always do that. Ask, or rather demand.

The bottom line is given a fair few turbo failure in many engines both diesel and petrol you simply can't give any leeway for rejection of remedial work following service as per the given spec. If using an independant garage ensure they use the correct grade Elf oil as supplied in the little red bag, cost a tenner more than equivalent spec stuff but what price peace of mind,

As said I’ve just been in for my upgrade and also asked the mechanic about start stop and turbo failures   He said it does harm in any way the turbo ! He thinks it’s a change of supplier that cause the failures?

he also added I use mine and love it. 

MyRenault app is a waste if time. The mileage doesn't update correctly just some random figure, the mileage on the app is different to the mileage on my desktop. Rang Renault and they said they were aware of the issue and are removing the 'Mileage' from the site.

What you can do with the app anyway (assuming it works) is very limited compared with others I have had.

Honestly I have had so much trouble with the electronics (New Feb 18) that I think Renault electronics engineers are pathetic