• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Waiting with baited breath....
2 2

28 posts in this topic

Hi all - just joined up a couple of days ago.

finally got my boss to sort me out a company car & after a bit of research have decided on the Kadjar! 😎

Have gone for the standard 1.5 dynamique nav. 

I’ve been withougj my old car for around 12 weeks now due to much messing around by 2 different garages, so I’m very excited to be back on the road in style!

been doing lots of homework on alloy protectors, parking sensors & boot liners, but the wait is killing me! (Around 2 weeks still to go) 

will drop some pics when it arrives 👍🏻😊

On 06/04/2018 at 9:32 PM, Marty Merrick said:

Hi all - just joined up a couple of days ago.

finally got my boss to sort me out a company car & after a bit of research have decided on the Kadjar! 😎

Have gone for the standard 1.5 dynamique nav. 

I’ve been withougj my old car for around 12 weeks now due to much messing around by 2 different garages, so I’m very excited to be back on the road in style!

been doing lots of homework on alloy protectors, parking sensors & boot liners, but the wait is killing me! (Around 2 weeks still to go) 

will drop some pics when it arrives 👍🏻😊

Forget the pics, just give a verdict after a month or 1k miles ownership, any new car is a welcome anticipation, it's the aftermath that matters.

1 hour ago, ulfire said:

Job's comforter :D

Not even sure what that means but however after a year and a half here I am developing into a very real sceptic. Too many issues, not many resolved and yet I like my car. I don't love it but may even get another in a year or so's time. Judgement day approaches.

53 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

Not even sure what that means but however after a year and a half here I am developing into a very real sceptic. Too many issues, not many resolved and yet I like my car. I don't love it but may even get another in a year or so's time. Judgement day approaches.

"a person who aggravates distress under the guise of giving comfort." ...and no malice meant in the description Ted . I could probably out sceptic you :P

10 hours ago, Marty Merrick said:

Well it’s going to be way newer than any other car I’ve ever had, so it’s surely going to be a step up, but yes, need to see how the first few months go! 

I'm not talking Kadjar here, this is general.

Almost all my working life I bought 3 year old ex company cars with from 60 to 90k on the clock, all were mint lookers and all were sold after about another 3 years with mileage a lot closer to average. Hardly an issue with any of them.

Then I bought a year old car, Vectra, with 20k on the clock, kept it 8 years, then a Megane estate 1 year old with 22k on the dial. Kept that 1 for 7 years. I was delighted with everyone and had no regrets, each was better than the 1 before.

Then I finished work, could afford a new car, a qashqai first that I hated from week 1 as it seemed more aged than the 8 year old Megane it replaced, and finally I have the Kadjar. This is much better but still lacks some features that I've gotten used to over the last 20 years.

The point is it's far easier to be disappointed with a new car than anything older which has probably cost less than 1/2 the price of a new car, and that's probably why I'm more critical, we'd all like our brand new car to be faultless.

If we wanted them to be faultless (or at least much more reliable), they wouldn't be so cheap. Lets not forget the price class we're all in. If it was a Mercedes or Audi for at least 3-4-5 times the price of the Kadjar, then it would be inexcusable. But for our cars all is better than good.

I've mostly driven company cars and purchased old bangers for private use , so I didn't expect too much from reliability . In all fairness most of them served me well and I wasn't worried too much about total failure .

When my job was made redundant and I changed jobs to a workshop based one ( hence no company car ) , I decided to up my game as my workplace was not easily accessible by public transport . I first had a Volvo 240 estate which was not really suitable economy wise ( 100 mile round trip every day ) , but was reliable . Changed to a Scenic petrol with about 70000 on the clock which also was excellent . I then moved to a 2 year old  Scenic 1.5 diesel , which was brilliant . Until a Post Office van decided to modify my bodywork....gutted . Moved to a  1 year old Scenic also excellent .

Moved on to the Kadjar 14 months trouble free driving , it really is a good car . Only problem I had was with Renault and the BS " Support " 

Moved away from diesel to a different marque . Almost 18 months now and 1 small fault promptly dealt with by the dealership .

Overall most cars are pretty trouble free . As AOne says a lot depends on the price you pay . In my opinion it also depends on how well the Dealer deals with it .

2 hours ago, ulfire said:

I've mostly driven company cars and purchased old bangers for private use , so I didn't expect too much from reliability . In all fairness most of them served me well and I wasn't worried too much about total failure .

When my job was made redundant and I changed jobs to a workshop based one ( hence no company car ) , I decided to up my game as my workplace was not easily accessible by public transport . I first had a Volvo 240 estate which was not really suitable economy wise ( 100 mile round trip every day ) , but was reliable . Changed to a Scenic petrol with about 70000 on the clock which also was excellent . I then moved to a 2 year old  Scenic 1.5 diesel , which was brilliant . Until a Post Office van decided to modify my bodywork....gutted . Moved to a  1 year old Scenic also excellent .

Moved on to the Kadjar 14 months trouble free driving , it really is a good car . Only problem I had was with Renault and the BS " Support " 

Moved away from diesel to a different marque . Almost 18 months now and 1 small fault promptly dealt with by the dealership .

Overall most cars are pretty trouble free . As AOne says a lot depends on the price you pay . In my opinion it also depends on how well the Dealer deals with it .

I don't think many here factor in the price paid. If you buy a new car for the price the dealer asks shouldn't you expect the same reliability as anyone else?

And to Aone, my old cars were all VX and latterly Renault, they were all years in front of the old qashqai and even the newer Kadjar. Hardly top marque cars.

Never wanted the status symbol of owning a top mark car so no Audi, BM's or Mercs here. Have driven all of them, worked on a good few.

But, the comparison is within the price class.

If you buy a new car it needs to be faultless and if it isn't it has to be fixed without issue, which is where Renault seem to be failing people.

Understand what you're saying Ted . Thing is , if I spent £25000 on a troublesome car , I'd be angry . If I'd spent £70000 on a troublesome prestige car ...it'd be get out the AR-15 and straight down to the dealer :D

45 minutes ago, ulfire said:

Understand what you're saying Ted . Thing is , if I spent £25000 on a troublesome car , I'd be angry . If I'd spent £70000 on a troublesome prestige car ...it'd be get out the AR-15 and straight down to the dealer :D

But you wouldn't. IE you wouldn't spend the £70K, but you would "sort" the dealer:D

2 hours ago, turboted10 said:

But you wouldn't. IE you wouldn't spend the £70K, but you would "sort" the dealer:D

Maybe I would buy a £70000 car after a lottery win , but it certainly one of the Lambos or Ferraris which are useless on our roads

Got the car around 8pm of a dark & rainy Friday night - it’s been pretty grim weather wise since then, but liking it so far! 

Engine pulls well, R Link seems pretty good, lots of space inside - all good!

only trouble is, as a short arse I can barely see the end of the bonnet & cant see anything of the back end 😀😀

17 hours ago, Marty Merrick said:

Got the car around 8pm of a dark & rainy Friday night - it’s been pretty grim weather wise since then, but liking it so far! 

only trouble is, as a short arse I can barely see the end of the bonnet & cant see anything of the back end 😀😀

To be honest at 6' 3" I struggle to find definition in the bonnet lines, like to line the swage lines up on tight country road bends, more vague than the earlier qashqai. Rearwards? AWkward but all high bodied SUV's are.

Don't worry. You'll get used to the size very quick. Biggest shock for me was the narrow front window - like a tank, especially having in mind I come from a Scenic. Well, couple of months later totally forgot the Scenic and felt really comfortable.

1 hour ago, Marty Merrick said:

I am only 5'2, only time I see the bonnet is when I get out  :-)   It's a great car though, not had any problems since new.

1 hour ago, barracuda1 said:

I am only 5'2, only time I see the bonnet is when I get out  :-)   It's a great car though, not had any problems since new.

You're not the one I've seen or at least your hands on the wheel are you ?

Signed ulfire 5 foot 6 giant

:D

15 hours ago, Marty Merrick said:

Well I’m in the middle at 5’5”

Acting like an ogre at the min - no eating / drinking / dirty boots / dog / sweet wrappers 

trying to keep it showroom standard.... it won’t last 😕

I hate to say this but mine gets treated like a builder/gardeners van, the stuff I've had in there is pretty limitless. It's also only been washed once in the 20 months I've had it and that was at it's service, told them not too:D

The point is I keep to old curtains in the back for dust sheets and am very careful not to muck up the headlining.  Outwards it's still shiney bright and just a few muddy boot scuffs inside which will clean up with a damp cloth. 

I don't treat cars harshly or abuse them, just feel they are there to be used and not saved for the next owner. The last car went back at 3 years old, only washed twice, once at first service and then at it's MOT before sale. Spent a morning vacing the dust and grit out of it and it went back mint.

Enjoy the car, don't be a slave to it.

9 hours ago, turboted10 said:

I hate to say this but mine gets treated like a builder/gardeners van, the stuff I've had in there is pretty limitless. It's also only been washed once in the 20 months I've had it and that was at it's service, told them not too:D

The point is I keep to old curtains in the back for dust sheets and am very careful not to muck up the headlining.  Outwards it's still shiney bright and just a few muddy boot scuffs inside which will clean up with a damp cloth. 

I don't treat cars harshly or abuse them, just feel they are there to be used and not saved for the next owner. The last car went back at 3 years old, only washed twice, once at first service and then at it's MOT before sale. Spent a morning vacing the dust and grit out of it and it went back mint.

Enjoy the car, don't be a slave to it.

Yeah - good comment!!

i told my wife I like my cars like my women..... big in the front and the back! 

How she laughed!!!

not. 

still awaiting the delivery of my dynamique s nav , but before i decided on this car i took the bmw 2 , mercedes gla and the bmw x1 for a test drive, they were awful, seats were so uncomfortable , hard metal bar on the extending seat , comfoet is the most important thing to me, the kia soul was 2nd choice, with an awful lot of extras for your money, but the Kadjar was my 1st choice for comfort and running costs, my husband is an rac pareol man and he hardly ever gets called to a Kadjar breakdown, only - point is the bloody wait for delivery