Members Kadjar Showcase
4 4

37 posts in this topic

Looking very good, I have to admire the alloy Gators of JHphoto and darenH they do give a very nice finishing touch. If we are all being honest (and probably more then a little biased) Renault have put an extremely nice looking frock on the Nissan Qashqai the Kadjar is based on. Sure there are minor issues (ludicrous location of driver cup holders, wind noise at motorway driving speeds, sat nav is inexplicably worse then the unit in the 11 plate grande scenic I sold) but you have to trade this off against Audi matching DRL lights, a sporty aggressive body style that other SUV's can not  match (even the Kia effort), spacious driver and passenger space along with an impressive boot load area when coupled with the quick drop rear seats.

Looking very good, I have to admire the alloy Gators of JHphoto and darenH they do give a very nice finishing touch. If we are all being honest (and probably more then a little biased) Renault have put an extremely nice looking frock on the Nissan Qashqai the Kadjar is based on. Sure there are minor issues (ludicrous location of driver cup holders, wind noise at motorway driving speeds, sat nav is inexplicably worse then the unit in the 11 plate grande scenic I sold) but you have to trade this off against Audi matching DRL lights, a sporty aggressive body style that other SUV's can not  match (even the Kia effort), spacious driver and passenger space along with an impressive boot load area when coupled with the quick drop rear seats.

Cheers, the gators do work practically as well.
I some how found myself on the QQ forum, it appears that they have just as many problems if not more than the kadjar. While some features of the car don't suit some they suit others pretty well, I have a coffee maker £7 from Aldi, the cup fits perfectly.
Coffee maker resides in my work van!
Mines nearly a year old although it still feels new, I always look forward to driving it.

1 hour ago, darenh said:

Cheers, the gators do work practically as well.
I some how found myself on the QQ forum, it appears that they have just as many problems if not more than the kadjar. While some features of the car don't suit some they suit others pretty well, I have a coffee maker £7 from Aldi, the cup fits perfectly.
Coffee maker resides in my work van!
Mines nearly a year old although it still feels new, I always look forward to driving it.

I think like anything in life, it is Human nature to try and find the problems while ignoring the benefits. Being honest I made my entire choice of the Kadjar when I saw one front on in November 16 - the DRL lights sold it straight away. Having a Renault grande scenic I knew my next car had to have keyless which is so convienent - and I loved the look and style of the Kadjar so nobody could sway me. Ford Kuga no Thanks. Vauxhall Mokka - Meh. Strangely when you spec out the Kadjar it reaches Audi Q3 territory (didn't like the interior) and even the Range Rover Evoque - but they both have thirsty engines and for a specced out Kadjar with all the toys you get an entry level basic that eats fuel when you open the door on those two. 

Getting on for three weeks in, I love the Kadjar as does anyone who see's it. Looks good, performs incredibly well - the niggles are just that - minor issues you get that with anything. 

White and Black both looking good, although I do like the Black a little more - especially with the black trim alloys. And of course the Black Kadjar is the only model to get colour coded mirrors lol.

Hello all.  We have picked up our new Kadjar Black Edition with the 1.6 TCe petrol engine in the last two days.  We are in SW France.

Very early days but we're very pleased with it.  Question- is there a Black Edition in the UK?

Kadjar.thumb.jpg.30209d94f5cb1c0efd7e2ad3e99edbb8.jpg

The car looks good. Tell me, apart from the great looking wheels, what 'extras' differentiate this from our Sig Nav? It would also be interesting to learn what the mpg is in the 1600 Turbo in winter compared to the not so good mpg in the 1200. My last Renault was all black and when clean looks fantastic, but you've got to keep on top of it. It tends to show imperfections quickly. But as I said before, the car looks great. Why don't they offer this spec over here, it'd be worth it just for the rims.

Hi PatWar.  Good question about what you get as extra.  I'm not totally up on the spec of the Sig Nav, but our Black Edition has full leather and self parking and the full Bose set up.  I guess things like Pano roof, rear camera etc are standard on the Sig.  We didn't set out to get a BlackEdition- I didn't even know it existed.  What my wife did want was the 1.6 petrol.  We went through a particular French website and the only vehicles with that engine were in this spec, either in black or in white.  What was incredible was the price.  Fully registered, and it's brand new, the on the road price  was the equivalent of £21,355.  I thought that was extremely good.  The company couldn't have been more helpful, and they are very busy at the moment.  It just meant a three hour drive down and across to Toulouse to get it.

1 hour ago, PatWar said:

The car looks good. Tell me, apart from the great looking wheels, what 'extras' differentiate this from our Sig Nav? It would also be interesting to learn what the mpg is in the 1600 Turbo in winter compared to the not so good mpg in the 1200. My last Renault was all black and when clean looks fantastic, but you've got to keep on top of it. It tends to show imperfections quickly. But as I said before, the car looks great. Why don't they offer this spec over here, it'd be worth it just for the rims.