• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Battery when running dash cam from electrical socket
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Going to use the electrical socket to power my dash cam rather than hard wiring as i don't want to risk my warranty, my question is if i leave it constantly plugged in will it cause my car battery to go flat or does the socket only work when the car is started?

Thanks.

Only problem is the kadjar  can have problems when the battery level drops, have seen posts on here about cars shutting down when battery level is reduced, lots of things on the kadjar only seem to work when there is 100% power in the battery... this could be the reason why the radio only runs for a short time if switched on with engine off..

În my Kadjar the front is on only when the engine is running. The back one stays on as long as the electrical system (lights, navigation ) is on. Since I unlock the car until it switches off (couple of minutes after locking) I have power in the back one. There is a click sound that you can hear if you stay in the car and lock the car, and that sound is the switch that cuts the electrical input to the unnecessary consumers in the car, including rear socket.

I don't get it. Why do you need constant power to the dashcam? Mine has battery which also lasts about 20 mins, but why would you need more? It only activates if the sensor detects movement and records a couple of minutes.

Ok, and how much memory would you need to record an entire day or night? Mine is with 32GB if I remember correctly, and after few hours, It starts to record over the first files. If you need such video surveillance, It's better to start thinking of an external devise, mounted to a house or fence. It's not a job for a dash cam, having in mind it only records to front and eventually to the rear if you have fitted the second cam in the set. 

As said be warned a drop of only 5 o/o of the battery and the car won’t start    For some idiotic reason the battery has to be at 95 o/o. You’d think they would supply a 6v spare one for emergency. I’ve been caught short waiting 15 mins outside shops having the radio on. It does however warn you after 5 mins though

Hi Yes suspect if 15 mins listening to radio is enough for a car not to start I would be looking for a new battery and or checking if charging correctly    🤔should do a lot longer than that in my opinion  🙃 how long if you park with PARKING LIGHTS  on I wonder????🤔🤔🤔🤔

JC😎😎🥃🥃