• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

1st Service based on date of purchase or on mileage covered
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I bought a pre-registered (March 2017) kadjar   in November 2017. On the documentation it is mentioned first service due in March 2018 or 18000 mileage. If I go for 1st service when my kadjar covered 18000 miles instead of March 2018 will  it invalidate my warranty? As presently I covered 3000 miles.

4 hours ago, Blue sheep said:

Hi

I bought a pre-registered (March 2017) kadjar   in November 2017. On the documentation it is mentioned first service due in March 2018 or 18000 mileage. If I go for 1st service when my kadjar covered 18000 miles instead of March 2018 will  it invalidate my warranty? As presently I covered 3000 miles.

Any work needed because the service was delayed will not be covered by the warranty. The time starts running from the date it was first registered and is the first of 12 months or 18,000 miles i.e. this month or asap in April.

It's an either/or choice - i.e. whichever comes first. In your case, the 12 months (from date of registration) comes first so that's when it needs a service - if you do a lot of mileage in the following year and manage more than 18000 before the next 12 months is up, then it would need a service sooner....

I often wonder what they acually do these days on a service.  I'm old enough to remember the days of.......

1. Check/adjust points

2. Grease all nipples (in a non-sexist sense! lol)

3. Change oil and renew filter

4. Clean air filter by washing it out in petrol

5. Clean and adjust gaps on sparking plugs

Now to me it seems...

1. Plug it in to a computer and scare the hell out of the customer with the print out!

2. Maybe change the oil

3. Charge a rip off price

Oh dear, bring back my first car, an old 1950's Hillman Minx. Although it only did 35mpg and didn't like speeds over 50mph at least it was fun and as a single bloke back in the late 1960's it had two great benefits...

1. A colume gear change

2. A front bench seat

;)