• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

LED headlights
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I see that in cold countries where they sell kadjars with LED headlights, they have washers. I know we don't have lots of snow but my old crv had them and they were handy to keep the headlights clean. Big problem with LED is no heat comes from them to melt the snow, so I have had to stop and clear them... when its the Bose model like mine  you would think it would have them... Anybody had the same problems..

Regulations are clear and manufacter economity also. If headlight lamp produce equal or less then 2000 lumens then automatic adjustment and washing is not mandatory. Most HIDs (xenons) produce more illuminity and LEDs less or equal. 

As far as I know only Scandinavian countries has regulation that headlight wassing is mandatory on all types of headlights.

and long time ago cars had wipers for headlights. They are simpy not practical. They were substituted with high pressure nozzles.

5 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Nowt wrong 'wi getting out at the lights and giving the buggers a swap wi' a damp rag. Ok, things have changed but that was the case back then. If this wasn't about Northern climes I'd just say soft Southerners but...

Live at the top end of the welsh valleys so no southern softy , and was a HGV driver long distance for 23 yrs, so over the years done just about everything to get the job done...lol .. snow back today 30cm plus temp -5 no washers would work today... but I must say it does go well in the snow . so happy days..

14 hours ago, Roxy1234 said:

Live at the top end of the welsh valleys so no southern softy , and was a HGV driver long distance for 23 yrs, so over the years done just about everything to get the job done...lol .. snow back today 30cm plus temp -5 no washers would work today... but I must say it does go well in the snow . so happy days..

What part of the Welsh Valleys ? Dowlais ? Nowhere near 30cm of snow in this Welsh valley , drove to Birmingham and back ...no problem ...not disbelieving you , I know from experience the changes from one town to the next around here :)

Probably your previous cars were with tighter tires. The 19" are both wider and it's quite a big size for wheel, so the contact spot to the ground is much bigger. Combine this with the Conties and you're a sledge on the road.

6 hours ago, ulfire said:

What part of the Welsh Valleys ? Dowlais ? Nowhere near 30cm of snow in this Welsh valley , drove to Birmingham and back ...no problem ...not disbelieving you , I know from experience the changes from one town to the next around here :)

Not far from there Blaenavon   few hundred feet higher and to the east.... was surprised to see not a lot of snow in |Merthyr  pic taken in Tredegar 6 miles from Dallas top..IMG_1906.thumb.JPG.c90801a8ad3d1c299bf7de1310c04209.JPG 

6 hours ago, AOne said:

Probably your previous cars were with tighter tires. The 19" are both wider and it's quite a big size for wheel, so the contact spot to the ground is much bigger. Combine this with the Conties and you're a sledge on the road.

Previous cars CRV and xtrail but I must say it did not fail me in the snow .I..does en to stall in the snow when your trying to move without wheel spin..

Hi. Not to sure footprint is that much bigger on 19” wheels as with lower profile rolling radias is same as 17” wheel tyre set up, little wider Yes but that will be the only difference , for me biggest problem with 19” is pretty much only summer type tyres available no m+s for instance but they do look niiiiiiicccccccceeee and we don’t get that much snow 😀

JC😎😎🥃🥃

5 minutes ago, Roxy1234 said:

IMG_1913.JPG

That's why I didn't take the Heads of the Valleys road to Birmingham ...just as well  :). The mountain roads were closed out of the Rhondda anyway but it only takes 3 or 4 flakes for them to do that these days ....softies

Sorry, but allseason tyre has all bad properties of winter and summer tyres joined into single product... it is basicaly intended for unsolicited users who averagly did less then 6000 miles in whole year equaly...

it has just average grip on dry, wet, snow and ice and has quite big wear.  And after 4 years becomes kind of plastic with poor performance even on dry asphalt. Winter tyre is not just for snow, it has better performance in lower temperatures because of different material mixure... in the other hand, summer tyres has better resistance on higher temperatures. Milestone is 15 Celsius... so you will probably ruin winter tyre in summer on motorway at high speed... and all season is compromise...  poor performance in summer and in real cold winter.

my oppinion.

Last night I drove 600 km in heavy snow and white asphalt. The Kadjar performed flowlessly. Extremely satisfied. All cars were going 60-70-80 km/h . No problem with the Kadjar crossing 10 cm trails with 100 km/h. Tires - Nokian WR D4 17". 2WD