• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Reasons to get a new Kadjar
2 2

26 posts in this topic

the reasons to get the kadjar 

good looking 

good driving position with space for 4 

good size boot , i think one of the biggest in its class 

innovative dash board with multi function 

automatic is seamless 

driving the kaj in rush hour traffic very easy. country lane runs, nice good road holding with quite firm suspension so very little roll 

very good air quality inside no smells from trafic 

quiet diesel engine even if its the worst polluter in its class 

round town mpg , mines avg is 45+ all stop start and hilly area

overall mine has been reliable 

now seeing more kaj on the road so must be popular 

hope that helps turboted 

Pretty much agree with most of what shedder wrote . As far as boot space goes , I preferred the Scenic ...really practical and clever design as far as storage goes including rear seat removal to create a huge cargo space That's not meant as a criticism of the Kadjar , only the facts ma'am :)

I got my Sig S Nav back in November and have already done around 8k miles. Do I like it - yes.

I have been an avid reader of this forum since before I got the car; I have found the answer for many things by scouting around and was therefore familiar to the K's quirks and foibles in advance of its delivery. 

Why did I get a Kadjar? Well it's a company car; one in a very long line of company cars over 30 years with the same company. This list includes Audi A4, Ford Mondeo, Volvo S60, Vauxhall Insignia, Renault Laguna, and over the last 6 years a BMW 3 series tourer, and a BMW 1 series. So it's fair to say I have a reasonably broad experience of some mainstream cars and driven all of them over 70k miles. So, why did I come out of my last car, the BMW 1 series and opt for the Renault Kadjar when I could have had another BMW 1 or even another BMW 3 series. Simple - I fancied a change and liked the look of the Kadjar. 

So what do I think of it so far? Very good, and I like it a lot. What do my family think of it; they like it to - except my youngest daughter who is a badge snob and cannot believe I didn't get another BMW. We have been on holiday twice in it, and the luggage for 4 fits comfortably into the boot and the sliding cover still pulls back into place; that is important for me as I like to keep good visibility from the rear view mirror. 

I have driven it in torrential rain, medium snow, thick ice and it performs well; certainly better than the BM's in the snow! The higher driving position gives excellent visibility compared with all the other cars mentioned. I really like the look of the car (in grey) even though some others don't; do I care about that - not in the slightest.

So now to the inside of the car. You surely wouldn't expect it to be as good as some of the other cars mentioned above - and it isn't. But it really isn't bad at all. So far no squeaks or rattles, everything works as it is supposed to. The panoramic roof is excellent and keeps the car feeling airy and light - other cars I travel in now feel claustrophobic and dark. The leather heated seats are as good as I have had on other cars. The LED headlamps are great, as is the auto high/low beam feature - I love this feature but know and accept others don't. 

So now to the radio/R Link subject. Guess what - I like this to. Yes perhaps it is a little clunky compared to a BMW or Audi system and slightly slow to react at times but l find the actual navigation better than the BMW and better for updating traffic on route. The sound is great, again better than the BM's and the Audi and in fact all the others - this is important as I spend hours in the car. It has on a couple of occasions 'frozen' and touching the screen will not wake it up; my solution is press the 'home' button, wait 30 seconds and then it is all fine again. Do I find this a bit annoying - no not really as all the other things I have mentioned are far more important to me. I updated the maps using the excellent info posted on this forum and although a little clumsy it all worked as it should have.

So there you have it; all my reasons for liking my Kadjar. I chose it to drive something a little different and will have to drive it for the next 3 years until I can choose something different again.

I've realised I haven't actually mentioned one negative point and that cannot be right so here it is. I wish the windows would close after leaving the car, either automatically or by pressing a button on the keycard. That is a function which I certainly do miss, but as humans have a tendency to do I'm learning fast and mostly remember to close them before exiting. Mostly.

21 hours ago, NooNarr said:

I got my Sig S Nav back in November and have already done around 8k miles. Do I like it - yes.

I have been an avid reader of this forum since before I got the car; I have found the answer for many things by scouting around and was therefore familiar to the K's quirks and foibles in advance of its delivery. 

Why did I get a Kadjar? Well it's a company car; one in a very long line of company cars over 30 years with the same company. This list includes Audi A4, Ford Mondeo, Volvo S60, Vauxhall Insignia, Renault Laguna, and over the last 6 years a BMW 3 series tourer, and a BMW 1 series. So it's fair to say I have a reasonably broad experience of some mainstream cars and driven all of them over 70k miles. So, why did I come out of my last car, the BMW 1 series and opt for the Renault Kadjar when I could have had another BMW 1 or even another BMW 3 series. Simple - I fancied a change and liked the look of the Kadjar. 

So what do I think of it so far? Very good, and I like it a lot. What do my family think of it; they like it to - except my youngest daughter who is a badge snob and cannot believe I didn't get another BMW. We have been on holiday twice in it, and the luggage for 4 fits comfortably into the boot and the sliding cover still pulls back into place; that is important for me as I like to keep good visibility from the rear view mirror. 

I have driven it in torrential rain, medium snow, thick ice and it performs well; certainly better than the BM's in the snow! The higher driving position gives excellent visibility compared with all the other cars mentioned. I really like the look of the car (in grey) even though some others don't; do I care about that - not in the slightest.

So now to the inside of the car. You surely wouldn't expect it to be as good as some of the other cars mentioned above - and it isn't. But it really isn't bad at all. So far no squeaks or rattles, everything works as it is supposed to. The panoramic roof is excellent and keeps the car feeling airy and light - other cars I travel in now feel claustrophobic and dark. The leather heated seats are as good as I have had on other cars. The LED headlamps are great, as is the auto high/low beam feature - I love this feature but know and accept others don't. 

So now to the radio/R Link subject. Guess what - I like this to. Yes perhaps it is a little clunky compared to a BMW or Audi system and slightly slow to react at times but l find the actual navigation better than the BMW and better for updating traffic on route. The sound is great, again better than the BM's and the Audi and in fact all the others - this is important as I spend hours in the car. It has on a couple of occasions 'frozen' and touching the screen will not wake it up; my solution is press the 'home' button, wait 30 seconds and then it is all fine again. Do I find this a bit annoying - no not really as all the other things I have mentioned are far more important to me. I updated the maps using the excellent info posted on this forum and although a little clumsy it all worked as it should have.

So there you have it; all my reasons for liking my Kadjar. I chose it to drive something a little different and will have to drive it for the next 3 years until I can choose something different again.

I've realised I haven't actually mentioned one negative point and that cannot be right so here it is. I wish the windows would close after leaving the car, either automatically or by pressing a button on the keycard. That is a function which I certainly do miss, but as humans have a tendency to do I'm learning fast and mostly remember to close them before exiting. Mostly.

I've just commented on the window issue in the other thread, it grates a little but doesn't spoil the car.

Oh, and everything is better in the snow than a BMW, my brother has a 1 series and carries two 56 lb cast iron farmers weights in the boot all winter.

The leather seat comment is interesting. Don't have them on the Kadjar but I did complain bitterly about them to the dealer when I had the qashqai, they simply aren't as effective as Volvos, Saabs etc that I've driven.

Nice post and glad you are happy.

It's my wife's car.  We needed a decent sized vehicle to transport stuff from builder's merchants and DIY centres, visitors to and from the airport, and stuff to the dump/recycling centre as we do our French house up.  My wife had rented a Qashqai and liked it, but a combination of things pushed us along the Kadjar route.

We're pleased that we did.  We like the 1.6 L petrol engine, like the bigger boot with the remote drop down facility, and am grateful for a folding front seat for longer loads.  Also there's loads of Renault dealers around.  

On 2018-03-14 at 9:52 AM, turboted10 said:

The leather seat comment is interesting. Don't have them on the Kadjar but I did complain bitterly about them to the dealer when I had the qashqai, they simply aren't as effective as Volvos, Saabs etc that I've driven.

I don't think the seats are the same in the Kadjar as in the QQ. But the seat heating is certainly not very good in the Kadjar leather (vinyl?) seats. I have not felt this slow seat heating in any other car, and then all cars have heated seats here in Sweden.

23 hours ago, 1898 said:

I don't think the seats are the same in the Kadjar as in the QQ. But the seat heating is certainly not very good in the Kadjar leather (vinyl?) seats. I have not felt this slow seat heating in any other car, and then all cars have heated seats here in Sweden.

Are you cars seats all leather or the fake partial stuff as in mid range UK cars.? I don't know if the electrics are the same or not, it's difficult to tell where they stop dipping into Nissans part bin. My concern was the length of time they took to be felt. I had to drive a minimum 4 miles with them on full to be able to tell they were on.

Given do to a pressure switch in the seat you can't pre heat either, no doubt some/all most other brands are the same. 

4 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Are you cars leats all leather or the fake partial stuff as in mid range UK cars.? I don't know if the electrics are the same or not, it's difficult to tell where they stop dipping into Nissans part bin. My concern was the length of time they took to be felt. I had to drive a minimum 4 miles with them on full to be able to tell they were on.

Given do to a pressure switch in the seat you can't pre heat either, no doubt some/all most other brands are the same. 

I am positive the seats are fake leather (vinyl). British cars have a much longer and stronger tradition of leather seats in cars than Swedish cars, and I believe they think vinyl will have to do for us.

Regardless of which Country the point of sale is in,The Kadjar Leather pack does use real leather, not vinyl. According to the brochure, "The finest hand selected hides are carefully crafted and fitted to all front/rear seating, along the doors and central armrest".

Those vehicles without the bespoke leather pack use vinyl of course.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:52 AM, turboted10 said:

I've just commented on the window issue in the other thread, it grates a little but doesn't spoil the car.

Oh, and everything is better in the snow than a BMW, my brother has a 1 series and carries two 56 lb cast iron farmers weights in the boot all winter.

Nice post and glad you are happy.

Had heated seats in my CRV do miss them leather and suede, find the seats in my kadjar too much like the ones in my old xtrail and the got very grubby ..engine does not pull from low revs like the crv 2.2 and you have to rev the engine which I am not used to...  as for the rest of the kadjar love it,  

11 hours ago, Roxy1234 said:

Had heated seats in my CRV do miss them leather and suede, find the seats in my kadjar too much like the ones in my old xtrail and the got very grubby ..engine does not pull from low revs like the crv 2.2 and you have to rev the engine which I am not used to...  as for the rest of the kadjar love it,  

Not sure if you have the 1.5 or the 1.6 but the 1.5 will be much underpowered compared to the Honda, 1.6 is designed  to and does have comparable power to a 2 ltr, so a better choice in your case. 

However having only exactly 2000 rpm on the dial at exactly 70mph in top is a quality I love. My fishing buddy had a Honda CRV or HRV, the bigger of the 2, he was amazed at how low revving both the 1.5 and 1.6 dcis are.

found out why 

stop editing the posts 

as you quote the other person then edit your text the system thinks you could have edited the quoted text 

BONG  :angry:

we mods have to approve it.

now we dont mind, its our job but it bloody annoying, we have to read all the quoted post to the original see if its been edited 

just stop quoting the other post , mention it in your post fine , quote the post but don't edit your text after its posted 

this message has been brought to you by moderators in crisis " we keep them under control" pass the medication 

Same here even though there are no restrictions on that members postings ? Motormouth might know if you can find him🤔

9 minutes ago, shedder101 said:

found out why 

stop editing the posts 

as you quote the other person then edit your text the system thinks you could have edited the quoted text 

BONG  :angry:

we mods have to approve it.

now we dont mind, its our job but it bloody annoying, we have to read all the quoted post to the original see if its been edited 

just stop quoting the other post , mention it in your post fine , quote the post but don't edit your text after its posted 

this message has been brought to you by moderators in crisis " we keep them under control" pass the medication 

Can you just elaborate on that, ie, is it a partial quote that causes the issue, say deleting the bits you aren't referring to or something else and leaving just a single line of text?

If as above I am guilty as charged ,:ph34r:

2 hours ago, shedder101 said:

Kug 

are you sure MM wasn't a figment of our imagination ?

So the forum (new) owner is afar?, weird, as is partial quotes which are perfectly acceptable on all other forums I follow. 

Understood, in more ways than one, 

no idea Turboted its all dependant on software they use, i personally like the posts numbered so its easy to refer to a post number when you reply 

as for MM, we havent herd from him, well i haven't for a bit he will turn up eventually. 

6 minutes ago, shedder101 said:

no idea Turboted its all dependant on software they use, i personally like the posts numbered so its easy to refer to a post number when you reply 

as for MM, we havent herd from him, well i haven't for a bit he will turn up eventually. 

I've always felt it but not mentioned that before but it is a glowing emission, being able the say "as in post #4" lets everyone know what's being referred to

7 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Not sure if you have the 1.5 or the 1.6 but the 1.5 will be much underpowered compared to the Honda, 1.6 is designed  to and does have comparable power to a 2 ltr, so a better choice in your case. 

However having only exactly 2000 rpm on the dial at exactly 70mph in top is a quality I love. My fishing buddy had a Honda CRV or HRV, the bigger of the 2, he was amazed at how low revving both the 1.5 and 1.6 dcis are.

1.6 dci 4x4  it's fab just find it a bit flat on some of the small steep hills around here. You want to change up to 2nd but because the revs are so low = no power.  The crv larger one of the two was 2.2 idtec had lots of grunt in low revs . But I can live with it love its looks styling and the way it drives. Lots of info on here for like minded people... which is very helpful 🤣

On 20/03/2018 at 4:31 PM, Roxy1234 said:

1.6 dci 4x4  it's fab just find it a bit flat on some of the small steep hills around here. You want to change up to 2nd but because the revs are so low = no power.  The crv larger one of the two was 2.2 idtec had lots of grunt in low revs . But I can live with it love its looks styling and the way it drives. Lots of info on here for like minded people... which is very helpful 🤣

I had the 1.6(qashqai), have the 1.5 kadjar(poor move engine wise). However they both share the same issue similar to yours. Getting out of my drive means rolling downhill then hitting a 1 in 5 for about 50 mtr. It's very steep and you simply cannot change up until over the peak and away so 3000rpm in 1st which I don't like on a cold engine.