DR radio - Silent Heart

5 posts in this topic

R-Link DAB radio does not appear fit for purpose and i can't figure why. Heart Wiltshire constantly loses signal/goes silent for 40 seconds (yes every time!) every 4-5 minutes even when the car is stationary on the drive! I’ve read that this is happening to others. I want to be able to listen to my favourite radio station when driving and have never had this with any other car DAB. It's infuriating! Does anyone know how it can be fixed? Renault have said to do a reset channels and turn off simulcast but it's made no difference. Grateful for any advice. 

Thanks. 

I live within sight of DAB transmitter and Heart Radio is the ONLY one that cuts out all the time, all others are fine.  That was an experiment I did for a couple of days (as I don't listen to it)  as others on here had the same problem as you. So me I just put it down to Heart.   Not very helpful I know, but just to let you know.

Hi guys. The fault is definitely with the Dab receiver as a recent visit to the delearship for a software update I was advised that the French were working on a fix but do not hold your breath. After the update it was still the same except for one slight difference, now when there was a genuine loss of signal the simulcast would come in on fm to maintain the station then it would return back to dab when the signal returned. When the fault happens I always get a display of signal lost so I just turn the small station selector on the steering  and the station comes back instantly proving that the signal is there all the time and not the fault of Heart radio. 😱

I also have this problem from time to time. I've found a workaround that's work for me. I change the source from DR to FM and back again to DR and then it often function again. But I've also been driving in arear where there's poor connection but normally I don't have any problems. In Denmark (I live in Jutland) and here we have area with bad/poor connection but it works for me the most of the time.

I find another issue that is annoying me. When ever I start the engine and the DR radio starts and I would like to change station on the radio wheel it always starts from the saved station no 1. No matter which station I'm in. Then change source to FM and back to DR and it's working again. But this problem have exists since I purchased the car last year. 

@Dolph - P posted this on another topic regarding your issue......

Just a quick point. The column changing scrolling wheel will happily change from whichever station you are on, up or down without starting at preset number one if you have previously ‘opened’ the radio preset screen using the touchscreen. You can then go to Sat Nav screen and use the column scrolling wheel and it will behave as you think it ought to.