• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

New car??
4 4

15 posts in this topic

Suz    2

Had my 18 plate one week and not being able to sync my phone to the apple car play as I believe all new cars from May 2017 can do this. I took it back to the garage for them to sort but looking at the software it says 2.2.17 and iv looked at the vin number and it looks like it was built April 2017!!!  I am not happy that this car is almost 12 months old, I feel like I have been missold this car what do you think everyone 

Suz    2

I have found out today that it was a March build 2017. All I knew it was a stock car had they told me it was the older version I would have never bought the car . Now in the hands of Renault 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, Suz said:

Had my 18 plate one week and not being able to sync my phone to the apple car play as I believe all new cars from May 2017 can do this. I took it back to the garage for them to sort but looking at the software it says 2.2.17 and iv looked at the vin number and it looks like it was built April 2017!!!  I am not happy that this car is almost 12 months old, I feel like I have been missold this car what do you think everyone 

The law is on your side, specifically the 2015 Consumer Protection Act which states:

Any product you buy should be of ‘satisfactory quality’ and in the case of a car you can reasonably expect it to:
- Get you from A to B without breaking down
- Work as expected without any faults
- Be as described in any advert, brochure or order sheet

If the car fails to meet one or more of those criteria and the dealer hasn’t been able to remedy it, you’re within your rights to reject it as being of unsatisfactory quality. Your rights were previously protected by the Sales of Goods Act but anything bought since October 2015 is covered by the Consumer Rights Act, which is subtly different and works a little more in your favour.

If it goes wrong within the first 30 days of ownership, you can simply reject it out of hand for a full refund.

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, Suz said:

looked at the vin number and it looks like it was built April 2017!!! 

How did you manage to interpret the VIN, I can't make head nor tail of it?

Did you do a factory order (normally a 3 month+ wait) or was it a stock car? If you ordered a bespoke new build vehicle, and the build date is verified as April 2017 then I would say you are well within your rights to reject the car

Suz    2

I had to speak to the admin and they told me it was actually a March 2017!!!  It was a stock car but never did I think it would be that old and never did I think that they wouldn’t tell me this so I could decide if o wanted to go ahead with it or not. They think they’ve done nothing wrong.

And once again;  did you made a custom order into factory or just came to resseler and ask like... I want a Kadjar with that engine, this trim and that colour... Do you have any? And salesmna check into his stock and said, yes, I have one just you looking for and it is available right now? We just have tp prepare it for you, tomorrow you can pay it and drive it home? 

I do newer buy a car from stock just because of that situation...

Suz    2

The car was a stock one but not one of theirs it belonged to another dealer, a signature s if it wasn’t the latest model then they should have told me and given me the choice to decide if I wanted it or not they knew it was March build. My solicitor has told me they have absolutely mis sold me the car . 

i am sorry to say only in the USA can you complain a car is older than stated you cant buy a 2018 car made in 2017 its sold as the old model, hence the mega sales towards the end of the year to clear stock.

in the UK and europe a cars age is denoted by the registration plate, ( when its first  registered ), it doesn't mater when it was built. 

Way back British Leyland had fields full of unregistered cars up to the wheels in water rotting away and they were all sold as New , again from the reg number.

is it fair? well no but car mfg getaway with it over here so they dont give a oss 

then there is the lemon law ....... 

Suz    2

I wouldn’t have minded if it was the latest model May 2017 build and after, but it isn’t and not to tell me and give me the option to order the new model is mis representation.