• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

New Kadjar but DAB radio not fit for purpose!
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Left really frustrated that after buying a brand new top spec signature s nav that the DAB radio is not fit for purpose. It loses signal/goes silent for about 40seconds every 4-5 minutes even when stationary! I’ve read that this is a known problem so surely they should advise this prior to purchase. I want to be able to listen to  the radio when driving and have never had this with any other car DAB. Has anyone had it fixed? Grateful for any advice. 

Thanks. 

Nothing like that has happened with my 12 month old Sig Nav petrol Kadjar, though it has that very annoying 'feature' of always going to preset 1 when scrolling to a different station using the steering wheel scroll wheel after you've been on some other station for a while. That is just an appalling design 'feature'.

Mine is on preset 1 so not had that frustrating 'feature' yet. Try any Heart DR station and see what it does... Th car can be sat on the drive and radio always stops for 40 seconds then restarts. This repeats about every 4-5 minutes. It's infuriating!

Just a quick point. The column changing scrolling wheel will happily change from whichever station you are on, up or down without starting at preset number one if you have ‘opened’ the radio preset screen using the touchscreen. You can then go to Sat Nav screen and use the column scrolling wheel and it will behave as you think it ought to. 

Have you updated the system yet? your dealer will probably not have done it before you picked it up.

do that then see if it working properly, the only issue i have with mine is when getting into it from start and i have to have my Bluetooth on my phone turned off until i start the car, then all is fine.

Also DAB signals can be a bit hit and miss between antennas so i have found out, they don't act like a normal radio and loose quality, they just turn off , it is digital so it is either on or off , it is a pain, not a great system i don't think 

Paul  

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Have you updated the system yet? your dealer will probably not have done it before you picked it up.

do that then see if it working properly, the only issue i have with mine is when getting into it from start and i have to have my Bluetooth on my phone turned off until i start the car, then all is fine.

Also DAB signals can be a bit hit and miss between antennas so i have found out, they don't act like a normal radio and loose quality, they just turn off , it is digital so it is either on or off , it is a pain, not a great system i don't think 

Paul  

Is that acceptable??

I channel the radio to the only one I listen to, have rad 3 and 4 as options, I don't ask a lot. BUT, if it should work, it should work, over to Renault.

Not sure if it's acceptable, but it is a computer and it will need a update when they come out , your steeler should have done it in my opinion, but they don't always.

On 11/03/2018 at 6:11 PM, Mellis said:

Try any Heart DR station and see what it does... 

This seems to be the problem.  DAB works OK for me (if I ignore the lack of track information) apart from Heart channels which consistently drop out.  And it is just Heart.  Other Global Radio stations such as LBC and Capital are fine.  I don't know what they are doing to make the reception different but it does seem to be something to do with Heart as well as Renault as we don't see the same problem in our Fiat 500.

Hi. I live in the West Sussex area - and travel extensively throughout the UK. I listen to Heart Extra mainly, followed by Heart 80's and also my regional Sussex Heart station. No issues whatsoever with DAB signal dropping out. Simulcast is turned on, as is travel update news which also works and cuts in frequently from other stations. Also track and station info works for me on pretty much any station that I get a good signal on; there are obviously a few that I can't and I guess they are weaker DAB signal stations. 

I'm not posting this to be smug but just to show that it the R Link does and can work properly, but why so many people have this issue remains a mystery. I would feel most aggrieved if mine exhibited the same poor function and would certainly be a regular visitor at my local dealer. 

Surrey here, I have zero issues with DAB in our demo Kadjar and have had no issues with DAB in previous demo Kadjar, apart from sometimes it can take a minute or two to get a signal when the car is initially started and used.