• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

NEW TYRES
2 2

8 posts in this topic

HI  Just had 4 new tyres fitted on 4x4 KADJAR 1.6mm left on both rears and 2mm left on both fronts all 4 original contnentals and have been moved front to back  think about 9000 miles  16520 miles on clock  now  which considering i drive slow and smooth this i think is not good  last car did 40,000 on 4 again a 4x4  (renault koleos )  now point of this post only done a bit of local driving BUT the new shoes are in my opinion lots  quieter at 40 mph with window open than continentals with window closed  much much less noise new tyres have a B rating for economy  and a B for wet grip and 68 dB noise tyres fitted ROADSTONE EUROVIS SPORT 04  225/45ZR 19 96 W  extra load   paid £100 each will post on wear and motorway speed noise levels 

JC:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by J C
Added info

4 hours ago, J C said:

HI  Just had 4 new tyres fitted on 4x4 KADJAR 1.6mm left on both rears and 2mm left on both fronts all 4 original contnentals and have been moved front to back  think about 9000 miles  16520 miles on clock  now  which considering i drive slow and smooth this i think is not good  last car did 40,000 on 4 again a 4x4  (renault koleos )  now point of this post only done a bit of local driving BUT the new shoes are in my opinion lots  quieter at 40 mph with window open than continentals with window closed  much much less noise new tyres have a B rating for economy  and a B for wet grip and 68 dB noise tyres fitted ROADSTONE EUROVIS SPORT 04  225/45ZR 19 96 W  extra load   paid £100 each will post on wear and motorway speed noise levels 

JC:rolleyes::rolleyes:

40,000 on a set ...wow  Never in my life have I had anything near that... The kadjar has 19 inch 225,45.19 lots of tyres surface so this will never get any where near 40,000 you was doing good to get 16.000 +.. will post what fuel econ and tyres wear garage I bought the car from fitted Accelera PHI R ... Reading reports about these tyres are good in the dry but not so good in the wet..

I have 2 19inch tyre sets... winter and summer. I use sets equaly (from Nov. 15th to Mar. 15th winter set and summer set in between that period). Started with winter set on first season from Jan. 4th. 

Now I have Kadjar from Jan. 4th 2016. Summer set will be just barely good for this season, winter set is still in good shape. 

I have now just about 50.000 km on clock. Winter set is Conti T830 and summer set is Conti SportContact 5 (original tyres). 

So very very far away from 40.000 km... I will be happy if summer set will last 30.000 km/ 3 seasons...

Replaced my front tyres at 19,500 with Kumho Ecsta PS71 225/45 R19 Y (96), Reinforced x 2 £124.21 per tyre, wasn't paying for continental at over £200 each and so far so good, no worse than the contis and they have good reviews , service advisor told me when in,  they have had a few owners not happy with the life on the contis and also told me about another model of Renault which has 20" alloys and apparently you can only get replacement tyres for them through Renault, can' recall the model, but thought that was a bit odd you would have to replace tyres through Renault, maybe someone on here knows which model it is.🙁  

49 minutes ago, Kug said:

Replaced my front tyres at 19,500 with Kumho Ecsta PS71 225/45 R19 Y (96), Reinforced x 2 £124.21 per tyre, wasn't paying for continental at over £200 each and so far so good, no worse than the contis and they have good reviews , service advisor told me when in,  they have had a few owners not happy with the life on the contis and also told me about another model of Renault which has 20" alloys and apparently you can only get replacement tyres for them through Renault, can' recall the model, but thought that was a bit odd you would have to replace tyres through Renault, maybe someone on here knows which model it is.🙁  

Maybe the MKIV Scenic ? 

1 minute ago, turboted10 said:

Tes some new scenic models have 20" wheels, I was looking as have it on the maybe list for next time. 

All new Scenics (Scenic&Grand Scenis) has 20˝ wheels in dimension 195/55X20. There is no other dimensions available from factory and honestly I do not beleive that Renault will allow to homologate less then 20˝...

Hi Yes in Oct 2015 when first looking ordering Kadjar only 19 tyres I could find were continentals as fitted new 😯😯how many now lots lots lots 😀😀

JC 😎😎🥃🥃