• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Another graphic example of different driving/different fuel cons
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Another to and fro motorway journey today.

1.5dci by the way.

45 miles each way, have discounted the few miles onto and off the M1.

70-75 mph going, gave 54.6 mpg, with some traffic halts on the way there.

Coming back it returned 73.4 mpg, most was at a cruise controlled 63mph with some ste at 56mph in 50mph temp speed limits but free traffic.

The lesson I learnt early was the Kadjar is great for economy if you have the time and conditions to maximise it, but get your foot down and................................., you can't streamline a tall brick.

All cars , including electric , lose economy if driven harder . You also have to factor in the terrain on given routes . For instance , my commute into work produces far better economy than the drive home . I tend to gauge my fuel economy using fuelly 

17 hours ago, ulfire said:

All cars , including electric , lose economy if driven harder . You also have to factor in the terrain on given routes . For instance , my commute into work produces far better economy than the drive home . I tend to gauge my fuel economy using fuelly 

Of course, but I've always been tight arsed and carefully log fuel usage. The difference in the Kadjar driving under the conditions I've mentioned is far greater than any other vehicle I've owned.

13 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

Of course, but I've always been tight arsed and carefully log fuel usage. The difference in the Kadjar driving under the conditions I've mentioned is far greater than any other vehicle I've owned.

probably because it takes a bit more grunt to get going and , as you said , it has the aerodynamics of a two ton turd ...... not in those words though :D

I have a 1.5 diesel Kadjar and over the last 15k miles since I had it new it has worked at a total of 52 mpg.  I buy the cheapest fuel I can get, drive fairly fast on motorways and do a lot of small local journeys. I also never switch on the "Eco" and always switch off the "Stop/Start" and run the air-con in summer.  I'm very happy with the cost per mile I get and think the penny pincing of driving otherwise is not worth the effort.

3 hours ago, RTFishall said:

I have a 1.5 diesel Kadjar and over the last 15k miles since I had it new it has worked at a total of 52 mpg.  I buy the cheapest fuel I can get, drive fairly fast on motorways and do a lot of small local journeys. I also never switch on the "Eco" and always switch off the "Stop/Start" and run the air-con in summer.  I'm very happy with the cost per mile I get and think the penny pincing of driving otherwise is not worth the effort.

You get about the same as me, and I drive carefully, trouble is carefully on a motorway is at the same speed as the rest of the traffic, ie normally 70+, Kadgey doesn't like this, and it's normal 48-52 around town becomes the same cruising.

Another 100 mile each way 60/40 motorway/A/B road journey this week. speeds were lower due to heavy rain both ways, say average about 65mph, some higher and some lower. 

63 mpg going, 62 coming back. I've no complains there.