Navigation - street names when just using the screen
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hi there , i have a big diskussion whit me Renault dealer - i have complained about my navigation in my R-link 2 . when i drive and just

want to use the screen to navigate and only look at the screen - there is no street names on the screen at all for must of the times -

and sometimes there are some street names but not many . when i use a normal tomtom navigation there are all the street names

you need on the map . my Renault dealer says that my R-link is allright and this R-link 2 dos not shows the name on the street - only sometimes .

but i dont get it - eighter is dos og it dosent . anyone that have the same problem ? or can anyone help ?

best regards

mr hoffmann

16 hours ago, Roxy1234 said:

That's a bit rubbish sometimes your driving and looking for a street name that you know is off the road your on..

not rubbish at all , then you dont know what you are talking about  - and absolutely dont understand the question 

4 hours ago, hoffer said:

not rubbish at all , then you dont know what you are talking about  - and absolutely dont understand the question 

Hey chap less of the attitude , you stated that some times street names are there and sometimes they are not .. I said that when I use a tom tom the street name are there, for reference... if your looking for a point of reference or a street.. enough said .. .. so not saying your rubbish or your comment is rubbish.. your the one who got the wrong end of the stick.!!!!!!!!

That’s why taxi drivers don’t use the kadjar for taxis. The street name display is crap !

ive just had the latest update too so it’s still the same. Yet if you enter the street name it takes you there and displays the street name. 

I would have thought that would have been changeable through the level of detail. Or. The zoom factor. 

I think what Renault are doing is a con  !!!

your forced to use their system either way ?

you can’t replace and if you don’t subscribe your stuck with out of date maps.  

Id never buy a Renault again

And what would you buy? Name a brand, where things work differently...

Why would you need to see street names? Just enter the place you want to go and follow the instructions.

In a matter of fact, we've got some Kadjar taxis, though there are quite a few taxis in general in our austrian town of 60 000 people :D . I promise to take a picture and post it here, the next time I see one.

11 hours ago, AOne said:

And what would you buy? Name a brand, where things work differently...

Why would you need to see street names? Just enter the place you want to go and follow the instructions.

In a matter of fact, we've got some Kadjar taxis, though there are quite a few taxis in general in our austrian town of 60 000 people :D . I promise to take a picture and post it here, the next time I see one.

He has a point, and a good one, why show streets you aren't on, (because that's what it does), but not the ones you're on??????????