R-Link update due 1st May 18
1 1

20 posts in this topic

@ryanfitz1981 started a topic on the "other" forum about this. They went for service and were told an update is due 1st May 18. The car has older model rlink unit (no android auto).

I wonder what the update is about.

If anyone gets further details please post here, thanks!

why shouldn't they tell us before, what will or wont be fixed, as you may not want to have the update:huh:

anyway i just want to connect my phone to the media system to use the apps on my phone. thought this would be standard on most vehicles these days, car system is ok but not as good as the phone capability

regards

phil

In my opinion, the car system is better. I have Android Auto and my phone is always connected to the car, but I prefer to use the built in navigation. I'm only using Android Auto for Spotify. So don't be too annoyed for not having it ;)

Well, the new 8.7" screen maps (2017.06) came out today.

https://postimg.org/image/o17ri73cr/

http://www.gps-carminat.com/v3/2018/03/14/r-link-2-carte-2017-06-dispo-pour-les-8-7-pouces/

Pues han salido hoy mismo los nuevos mapas (2017.06) para pantalla de 8.7"

https://www.foroclub.es/megane4/viewforum.php?f=412

Guys from our local forum say it's also available in the russian store and they are already downloading from the irish store. I'm also registeted to the irish, but there are no updates available. Nor are they in the Toolbox app. I suppose it depends on which firmware version is the unit. Mine is 3. theirs is 2.

16 hours ago, AOne said:

Guys from our local forum say it's also available in the russian store and they are already downloading from the irish store. I'm also registeted to the irish, but there are no updates available. Nor are they in the Toolbox app. I suppose it depends on which firmware version is the unit. Mine is 3. theirs is 2.

No map update for me neither, yet - version 2, registered in the Netherlands store.

Yep, just tried with a colleague of mine, who's Kadjar is also with V2. It seems to me, there are map versions for the big and for the small displays (8.4"/7"). Though it sounds like a total nonsense to me.  The guys who succeeded so far, are with the big displays I think (on Megane). 

I took delivery of my Kadjar two weeks ago and having previously owned a Captur, had some ideas about how R-Link worked (or didn't!).

I updated the map to version 2012.16 thinking that would be reasonably up to date. Today I noticed that a roundabout installed near me in 2015 was not shown. So much for the latest version.

By the way, all these extra numbers baffle me but, for the record here they are.

Software 3.3.16.941

Boot 5376

Nav 9.12.133.675708

R-Link 3.1.2

Am I up to date?

Yes, you are. Mine are the same. The fact, that the roundabout is not in the map doesn't mean the map is old. Just nobody knows about it from the map developing team.

AOne, you may be right but it was shown on the map of my Captur in 2016. You would think that map issues would be the same for Capturs and Kadjars, but obviously not.