Qashqai Convert
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Currently driving 1.5d Qashqai but need to swap in next few weeks, anyone out there converted from Qashqai to Kadjar? Thoughts good or bad?

I'm looking at Signature S Diesel Auto.

Any suggestions on decent roof bars? I want to leave on permanently - currently have Prorack Whispair and are fantastic. Don't really want the ones that stick up high.

Also anyone know if the Qashqai tow bar is the same as Kadjar as I'm hoping to remove and fit on Kadjar.

Anyone getting near the 74mpg?

Will be taking space saver from Qashqai so should be good for Bose subwoofer.

Has the Bose software been updated to include speed sensitive volume?

Any suggestions welcome.

Andy

1 hour ago, Plcman said:

Hi All,

Currently driving 1.5d Qashqai but need to swap in next few weeks, anyone out there converted from Qashqai to Kadjar? Thoughts good or bad?

I'm looking at Signature S Diesel Auto.

Any suggestions on decent roof bars? I want to leave on permanently - currently have Prorack Whispair and are fantastic. Don't really want the ones that stick up high.

Also anyone know if the Qashqai tow bar is the same as Kadjar as I'm hoping to remove and fit on Kadjar.

Anyone getting near the 74mpg?

Will be taking space saver from Qashqai so should be good for Bose subwoofer.

Has the Bose software been updated to include speed sensitive volume?

Any suggestions welcome.

Andy

74 mpg? The latest Kadjar brochure I downloaded claims the 1.5 auto does 74.3 mpg in both the Urban and Extra-Urban tests! No way! That must be a misprint {like the 1.6 petrol engine has the same torque [205 Nm] as the 1.2 petrol. As if!} The Honest john site gives fuel consumption figures that I'm starting to believe [https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg] If we potter around town with a cold engine we tend to get something like the lower figure and if we travel on quiet A-roads and don't rush can achieve the higher figure.

Have a look at the figures for the two cars and see what you think... Can't help with the other questions, even the speed-sensitive-Bose, we've got the Bose but never noticed if the volume auto-adjusted!

Hi, I went from a 1.6dci qashqai Tekna, full leather, Bose, Panoramic roof etc to a 1.5dci dynamique signature nav (i think thats the model) Both manual.

The 1,6 was very economical so I went for the 1.5 being stupid enough to believe Renaults figures. In actual fact the difference in MPG is marginal to non existent depending on type of driving, ie a little better on urban but much worse at higher speeds.

Urban driving very steady 48-52 mpg, last time I checked on motorway drive of about 50 miles it was low 50's

And yes, over a 30 mile journey under ideal conditions, ie early morning, 50mph temp motorway speed limit, and open flat A roads, no wind, I actually achieved 80.1 mpg but boy did I have to try hard. Return journey under same condition gave 65mpg, must have been slightly uphill on the way back.

Now, don't have the bose system and don't miss it, the standard unit is actually very good. I miss the sunshine roof.

Although my model sit lower in the Renault range than the range topping qashqai, it has a fairly good array of toys.

The renault is proving much quieter than the qashqai, and not just the engine, (1.6 is not a smooth engine), there appeared to be almost zero bulkhead and floor damping in the qashqai.

Only 18 months in but the Renault hasn't let me down yet, the Nissan was out and out unreliable and as a whole I hated it.

The Renault looks much better.

Finally if you read the headline post on here you will find 1 massive disappointment in the form of RLink, about 50% of issues are rooted in that system and Renault do not appear to want to fix it. The qashqai was a pleasure compared to this.

The other bits I can't comment on.

In a year or so's time I will change my car. Another Kadjar?, possibly but only top spec. Another qashqai probably more so because the thing I miss is the birds eye view camera, invaluable to an aged me. 

If a good spec hybrid with oldy friendly stuff comes out then my views and options will of course change.

RLink could easily be seen as R(the missing)Link

Is your Qashqai the Mk 2 version? Hopefully yes, because if you use the spacesaver wheel from the older version (16") the Bose subwoofer will sit slightly proud and you will also need a longer retaining bolt.

No problems with the QQ Mk 2 which has a 17" spacesaver and the subwoofer is a perfect fit.