• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Won't start after parking up
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Good evening.

Just after a bit of advice. Got in car after work and started fine. Drove car from work about 40 miles. Parked it for an hour whilst watching my son rugby training and came back to car to come home but wouldn't start. All lights came on dash and windows go up and down so surely not flat battery?? Also when stop/start button pressed there is a clicking sound on left hand side near glove box.  Managed to bump start it to get home about 2 miles. Parked on driveway and stopped engine and same again.

Anyone any ideas please.

Thanks.

Hi Is clicking sound near glove box or could it be from under bonnet 🤔🤔 might be worth  checking battery leads 🤔🤔. are tight but dealer for you if leads are tight warranty job me thinks recovery worth a try might get quick fix while your at work????? good luck 

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

Hi J C. The clicking sound is on left and sounds like near glove box. just tried starting again and sounds like a high pitched whistling sound inside engine compartment. Maybe starter motor fault. Battery leads are tight and check all leads i can see and made sure they are on.

Thanks.

Sounds very much like the dreaded stop/start battery failure syndrome. It's well known and also shared by Nissan. Started mine in frosty weather, drove 7 miles for a hospital appointment. Came out an hour later and nothing but clicks. No warning just sudden battery failure.

RAC man said he sees quite a few.

Seems the dealer has to carry out a series of checks that take a few hours before Renault/Nissan will fork out so be prepared for a wait. Also I was told there were 5 different batteries possible, they only had 2 in stock and they weren't mine, car in dry dock for 3 days.

Well after 5 days without a starting issue, just happened again at the local shop. Have had to leave it there and walk home. Really regretting buying a Renault now. Have been told that they are covered by a Renault breakdown cover up to 3 years old. Is this true if I bought it used at 12 months old. On a 66 plate.

Hi Yes true RAC do this for Renault I believe should be a sticker on car with TEL number ours is on screen but suppose up to dealer as to where to put it.

tel 08000858005 or 03332023005 think both free phone good luck

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

MPs think you will just need reg number when calling 

I do not understand one thing... you bought a car. A new one or used one. Due to your's strong buyers protection (in UK) you have warranty. So what is the point asking on forum what is the problem? Simply call an assistance number they have to repair your car or tow it to garage and repair it...

I have 2 years general warranty and extended warranty for additional 3 years... so in such a situation simpy ring a tall-free number and wait on tow service and replacment car... and I like Renault and I do not regret buying their cars and services they offer.

On 25/02/2018 at 7:03 PM, par5waster said:

Thanks very much for the info J C. Your help is much appreciated. 👍

I've told you the issue, get it fixed by Renault. Robert P is also correct, listen to the guys here, we have suffered all known problems between us.