• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Spare Wheel Queries Conclusion
2 2

3 posts in this topic

After much consideration, I decided to purchase a full size alloy wheel & tyre as it was better for me to have a full size wheel & loose some boot space rather than re;y on a space saver wheel which seems to come with minimum actual mileage capacity & speed restriction.

The wheel fitted in the car well but the width of the tyre protruded 4 inches above the well top which means I have lost the bottom layer to the boot. There is plenty of packing space around & inside the wheel for the jack and all other emergency bits & pieces that I like to carry.

The wheel I ended up with, after much deliberation and extensive enquiries, was bought from Pneus Online at a total cost of £126.56 with the tyre fitted to the rim, balanced and delivered within 4 days , all inclusive. This worked out cheaper than the cheapest space saver I found.

For your information my car is 2017 Kadjar Dynamic Nav TCE130 petrol and the products I bought were ;-

ALLOY RIM - IT Alice - 17"  7J - Offset 40 mm. centrerbore 66.1 mm. PCD (Pitch circle diameter)  5 x 114.3 mm.

TYRE - Aoteli - 215/60 R17 96H . This tyre is the same spec as the originals on the car.

The overall service, parts & delivery was excellent but the only problem I encountered was that the wheel brace did not fit in the nut cavity of the wheel which was simply overcome by using a 17mm. socket .

I hope this is useful to the forum and if anyone wants to ask me any more information please don't hesitate to email me as I did spend a long time on my research and are happy to pass on my findings . jands.boulton@hotmail.co.uk

PS. It proved impossible to get any information from the dealership !

Same here went online found a 19 inch alloy for £165 with tyres, jack from Germany ... got a 4x4 signature nav so wanted the same alloy as the rest of the car, I also can do without  the loss of space. I tow a caravan and in the summer do about 2500 miles all over France so the tyres gunk is a big no no ...