• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Automatic headlights
3 3

15 posts in this topic

Started the car yesterday afternoon and the dashboard said 'Check automatic headlights'

It was around 5.00pm so dark enough for them to activate.

I got out and checked, and all lights were on.

Switched off lights and back to 'auto' position - same message.

Anyway, drove home and parked up and checked handbook...no mention of this warning.

Started the car again and message gone...anyone any information please?

My guess would be dirty window. For me this is the feature I expected to be least useful of all I purchased extra, but it totally surprised me. Acts extremely accurate and fast.

39 minutes ago, AOne said:

My guess would be dirty window. For me this is the feature I expected to be least useful of all I purchased extra, but it totally surprised me. Acts extremely accurate and fast.

Washed on Saturday so cleaner than usual!

My main complaint with the automatic headlights is that they do not light up the mmain beams until 30 mph/45kmph.

I want full light even when driving on narrow and winding forest roads to properly see the moose and deer that lurks in the dark, and 20 mph/30kmph would be more suitable.

I guess there is no way to get this, without a major update release of the car software?

1 hour ago, 1898 said:

My main complaint with the automatic headlights is that they do not light up the mmain beams until 30 mph/45kmph.

I want full light even when driving on narrow and winding forest roads to properly see the moose and deer that lurks in the dark, and 20 mph/30kmph would be more suitable.

I guess there is no way to get this, without a major update release of the car software?

Just turn the light's lever from Auto to Always On (next possition) and than use beams as usual. 

3 hours ago, AOne said:

Just turn the light's lever from Auto to Always On (next possition) and than use beams as usual. 

So if you go to manual lights the main beam becomes manual too?

7 hours ago, AOne said:

I would say that's not a solution, but a work-around.

Perhaps the system needs recalibrating.

When we has our windscreen replacing the workshop had to set up a device in front of the car and plug a hand-held computer into the diagnostic socket to set the auto lights correctly.

A word with your dealer perhaps?

Another example of "Bells and Whistles" that are more trouble than they are worth.  I also include in that auto windscreen wipers, tyre pressure monitoring and the rip-off RLink update charges!

1 hour ago, RTFishall said:

Another example of "Bells and Whistles" that are more trouble than they are worth.  I also include in that auto windscreen wipers, tyre pressure monitoring and the rip-off RLink update charges!

Obviously, you totaly deny the high-tech improvements and inventions. Why than buy such car? Just continue use models from the 80's?!?

As I drive a lot and looong, all these extras are things I'm totaly addicted to already. Something without wich it would be twice harder to stand the thousands miles journeys I'm having...