• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Fuel economy
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

What is the best and worst fuel economy the owners have found with their Kadjar's
Diesel mpg
Petrol mpg
Motorway driving
Urban driving
Urban driving
School run driving
Mixture motorway/urban
Mixture good road/urban
Rush hour driving
Mine is Urban/good road/medium to bad traffic various and I am averaging at moment about 44/45 mpg diesel 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110

yeh thats the same as mine,  SIGNATURE S Nav 1.5 dCi 110 auto BOSE ,lovely, but on a run it does go up a little, and thats keeping it at 75-80 on the motorway, then I was getting 47-48 which is ok ,big car, small engine, 3 people very comfy,great for long trips, well its great at everything, it stays in ECO all the time, some times going on to motorways I turn it off. if you can drive it around at 50 ish ,the mpg will go up a lot.

My figures vary a little from that, 1.5dci something or other,

Not getting less than 48 mpg knocking about. This istrips of no more than 6 miles each way daily so lots of cold starts. This is over 400 or so miles on the current fill up. The 1.6dci I had previously was slightly worse, about 45 under those conditions.

However at about 60-63 mpg on A roads and given a 25-30 miles each way journey, I get around 62 mpg, slightly worse than the 1.6.

Problem is on the motorway, did a there and return journey of about 25 miles each way recently under very different motorway conditions. Going was early, heavily comjested and temp speed limits in place, probably averaged 30 to 40mph. Figure showed over 70mpg. The return journey was clear and I was driving faster than I should have done before anyone tells me that. 75 to 85mph. That 70mpg came down to 51 over the whole trip meaning that on the return journey it gave only just over 30mpg.

That is the worst figure by far I've achieved, and as you say it is a small engine in a bulky flat fronted vehicle.

The best I've  achieved over a similar 25mile run with the motorway limited to 50mph but clear then some nice level A roads was just over 80, 80.1  mpg actually.

Better than the 1.6 under those conditions.

You can't complain about those figures but to achieve them high speeds seem out.

Not found any value to the eco button, keep it on knocking about but if there is a possibility I may have to overtake a few vehicles on a longer run it is switched out.

(ECO function is overridden by full throttle, but you don't get a feel of the cars performance until that point so doesn't inspire confident overtaking)

I switched the eco off because of the acceleration on take off still stalls a bit with it off but maybe me getting used to car after driving 1.6 golf . Might try turning it on again to see if any better

I switched the eco off because of the acceleration on take off still stalls a bit with it off but maybe me getting used to car after driving 1.6 golf . Might try turning it on again to see if any better although don't be on the motorways a lot just half decent roads lol

1.6 dci - today we made 600 km in extreme traffic and traffic jams in the austrian and italian Alps (Villach-Kitzbuhel-Insbruck-Bruneck-Villach). No ECO mode, 4 people in car (275-300 kg approximately). Final readings - 56.5 mpg (5.0 l/100km). Best reading so far for such conditions (including 30-40 km urban). About 60-70 km with a start-stop traffic and speed of maximum 10 km/h.

21 hours ago, Fran said:

I switched the eco off because of the acceleration on take off still stalls a bit with it off but maybe me getting used to car after driving 1.6 golf . Might try turning it on again to see if any better although don't be on the motorways a lot just half decent roads lol

It's the only way to find out, some say slightly better. I find maybe 1mpg which considering we are talking 50mpg averages is very small. Some say no better at all.

One thing everyone agrees on is that it dumbs down the cars performance disproportionately to the fuel saving, it take the fun out of it.