• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

New Member saying Hi...
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi there....been browsing this forum for a while now, it's a brilliant source of information thanks to all you helpful Kadjar owners who take the time and trouble to post both the good and bad points about this car.

I am due to collect my new 18 plate Kadjar some time in mid March (haven't got an exact delivery date yet). I've gone for the Signature Nav 165 tce in Titanium grey with side steps and premium parking pack.

Anyone out there who has fitted the wind deflectors to their windows? I've heard 2 sides of the coin on these: Someone said they are removing theirs because it exaggerates the wind noise at speed, and others have said the opposite in that it has actually cured their wind noise problem.

Also, can I expect the latest R-Link2 software and map versions to be already installed? I believe the vehicle has left the factory and is en-route to the UK.

Well, it seems from the lack of replies no-one can help me out answering my query.....possibly no-one on the Forum has wind deflectors fitted? Got my collection date (13 March), dealer told me their guys will check that all RLink software is current before vehicle is handed over to me.

Hi I fitted wind deflector the first day I had m kadjar and wouldn't be without them  I don't think there's any extra wind noise and I can leave the window open a couple of inches without getting a wet arm and they look great O bought mine on eba y for £30 worth every penny

I think I've seen 2 posts on just this subject and they both said it cured the wind noise issue for little cost. For me it would just be the aesthetics that ruined it. 

Why fit deflectors to a brand new car to make it look like a car from the 70's?  It's just personal but mine is silent and even if it wasn't I'd not be prepared to fit these.

I have to say they look totally different to the one's in the 70 they were thick pieces of ugly plastic today they're sleek and in my opinion quite smart and I like to have the window open a touch without getting a draught or wet arm I would always fit them 

As you say turboted10, the aesthetics are down to personal taste. One mans meat and all that....

What I know about Kadjar wind noise is only that gleaned from the information posted by Forum members (not having driven the test drive vehicle at fast enough speeds to be able to make a judgement) but as I am a 'Vaper' and therefore will be having my window slightly open when I have a few puffs, I think I'll go with the deflectors, for the front at least. As Gwyn says, in inclement weather they will deflect the rain as well as the wind!

Having said that, have you seen this article  https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/922398/vaping-while-driving-UK-law-e-cigarette

12 hours ago, Bulldog said:

As you say turboted10, the aesthetics are down to personal taste. One mans meat and all that....

What I know about Kadjar wind noise is only that gleaned from the information posted by Forum members (not having driven the test drive vehicle at fast enough speeds to be able to make a judgement) but as I am a 'Vaper' and therefore will be having my window slightly open when I have a few puffs, I think I'll go with the deflectors, for the front at least. As Gwyn says, in inclement weather they will deflect the rain as well as the wind!

Having said that, have you seen this article  https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/922398/vaping-while-driving-UK-law-e-cigarette

:D:D:D, That does remind me of a story I heard on QI a few back, same but different.

Within the 1st 5 years of the standard fitting of airbags around 40 drivers had been killed as a direct result of the drivers airbag going off.......... whilst they were smoking a pipe:o

As they say smoking can damage y............................, and "only in America"