2017 Kadear Door very noisy

7 posts in this topic

New Kadjar (17),  driving at speed above 70km there is an excessive wind noise through the drivers window.  I had it back to the main dealer who cannot find a problem.  Which means excessive wind noise seems to be normal.  It looks like the window is not going all the way up and is therefore leaking.  Any one else have this issue?

Hi, yes, I've had this same issue and it was very frustrating, especially at highway speeds.

I went to the dealer like 5 times for this. Long story short - they replaced all window seals, that helped a bit but didn't fix it, so they replaced the door seals too. That almost fixed it - it was barely noticeable at speeds above 130km/h. Then I bought these wind reflectors and they solved the issue completely. Currently no wind noise even at very high speeds.

There are lots of threads here for wind noise. For what I read the causes vary per vehicle - some folks even have their windscreen replaced. As the wind reflectors are very cheap, if you don't mind the looks - you can give them a try. Or press the dealer to look further into it.

TBH I am surprised that your dealer could not identify the issue - its a very common issue. They have internal database with issues (and solutions) and I believe this one should be at the very top of that list. They're well aware of it!

main dealers do get paid from the companies  when warranty repairs are needed but not at the rate the get from joe public. 

they get whats known as book hours, at a basic rate therefore if they are doing warranty work they cant have the cream for service work.

book hours are set by industry in how long a garage can book for a particular job. It covers everything down to bulb changing, hence the girl at the front at reception can give you an exact quote for any job you want... so if door seals take .14  they work on decimal time 100 to an hour,  to complete that's what they get paid. in real life it might take longer they cant claim more.

the only one the book ever got right was, in my opinion, the replacement of the starter motor on the Renault 5 turbo they allowed us to book out 24 hours on that job 

5 hours ago, AOne said:

I thoutgh the book hours apply for everything, no matter under warranty or not.

indeed they do and sometimes that's why main dealers are cheaper than an independent, however independants live in the real world so get to know whats easy and what to avoid.

main dealers when they quote your job, quote it at there labour rate, that can be from £75 and up my local Renault dealer charge at £98 +vat 

so if the books shows a job at 100 and everyone knows it takes 300 you will find the independent will quote the longer time but there rate is cheaper   

Well, I'm only talking bout main dealers, cause most of the Kadjars currently are under warranty. The main dealers are the one that do not want to take the job, in spite they're being paid by Renault... Here in Carinthia (Austria), they charge 93 euro per hour for the mechanical work without VAT. 119 with VAT.