1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi to all. My name is John. I am waiting to pick up my 2017 1.2 SNav Kadjar.

I have driven. Rental before but it was deisel so I am hoping the ride will be more or less the same.

13 minutes ago, Johnboy said:

Hi to all. My name is John. I am waiting to pick up my 2017 1.2 SNav Kadjar.

I have driven. Rental before but it was deisel so I am hoping the ride will be more or less the same.

It goes round corners well, I feel it's better 'cos it doesn't have such a heavy lump in front. We had a 1,4 petrol Scenic years ago that was hard to steer in crosswinds 'cos of the light nose, but Renault must have learned from this and the Kadjar is Stable. I like the LED headlights and the auto-dip works really well. Enjoy!

21 hours ago, Johnbridge said:

It goes round corners well, I feel it's better 'cos it doesn't have such a heavy lump in front. We had a 1,4 petrol Scenic years ago that was hard to steer in crosswinds 'cos of the light nose, but Renault must have learned from this and the Kadjar is Stable. I like the LED headlights and the auto-dip works really well. Enjoy!

If they have learnt it's because the Kadjar is a Nissan and not a Renault that you and me know.

It's a very good car, Renault could have made it a great car if they had added more than style to Nissans offering. They didn't.

OP, you will enjoy it but come back in 6 months time and post results.

The 1.2 turbo engine is actually heavier than the old scenic 1.4 JB, so that comparison isn't really valid, plus you can't really compare a Renault scenic with a Nissan Kadjar if you get my drift??

On 2018-02-11 at 4:55 PM, Johnbridge said:

... We had a 1,4 petrol Scenic years ago that was hard to steer in crosswinds 'cos of the light nose, but Renault must have learned from this and the Kadjar is Stable. I like the LED headlights and the auto-dip works really well. Enjoy!

I believe the infamous high front wing edges is part of the good side wind handling, together with the integrated roof rails, they break the side winds without creating lift. The Edgy Renault 16 from the 60's did the same thing with the sharp front wing edges and the recessed bonnet center, and it also had the raised edges along the roof sides. And, it went straight like an arrow through heavy side winds.