• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Auto gear change quadrant lighting.
3 3

8 posts in this topic

There has been much discussion on here about the absence of the gear change quadrant lighting on Kadjars, some want it, some don't  see the point and one member has found a bulb under the quadrant which  doesn't light it.

Anyway last night wife and I were going out, I was driving for a change, and was about to select reverse to back out of our drive when I was had to stop.

"Look at that" I told the wife pointing to the quadrant. "It's lit up" she says in surprise. I had to turn the lights off to confirm what we were seeing.

It's the first time in 16 months of ownership we have noticed this.

The only thing I've done recently is to upgrade the RLink firmware to the latest version. It can't be that can it?

I also noticed that the switches for Speed Limiter and Cruise Control were also lit. Where they before? I can't really remember.

This car never stops surprising me. (I wish it would).

Just upgraded to latest firmware update and read your post, went out last night to check.... and yes auto gearshift lit, albeit quite faint, speed limit and cruise control lit and two switches on right hand side of dash, eco and auto stop start also lit (not sure if they were before). Radio text also working, I wonder what else they have changed. Seems very odd to have all these bulbs factory fitted and not activated on sale of vehicle.

I went to check the light at the gear quadrant on my first version kadjar. I cannot notice it being lit, if any it must be very faint. When you mention lit do you mean in a very dim and barely noticeable way?

10 hours ago, Hongliang said:

I went to check the light at the gear quadrant on my first version kadjar. I cannot notice it being lit, if any it must be very faint. When you mention lit do you mean in a very dim and barely noticeable way?

It's not exceptionally bright but it is noticeable in the dark. We only noticed it after the latest firmware update so perhaps there is now more juice being delivered to the bulb (is that possible)?

My earlier comment regarding lit door switches was made tongue in cheek.

On 07/03/2018 at 10:14 AM, Wife'sKdj said:

It's not exceptionally bright but it is noticeable in the dark. We only noticed it after the latest firmware update so perhaps there is now more juice being delivered to the bulb (is that possible)?

My earlier comment regarding lit door switches was made tongue in cheek.

Isn't it supposed to get your attraction rather than be noticeable in the dark??