• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Traffic Subscription Due To Expire?
3 3

11 posts in this topic

Hi 

Our Kadjar is displaying the above message and Im hoping someone on here could give some guidance as to how i go about renewing it. Possible a link to a page on the renault website so that i know i am getting the correct thing. Also how does the R-link know that the subscription has been renewed ?

Thanks 

16 hours ago, ulfire said:

That's why I didn't renew it ...I can get out of date maps for free :D

That's what I have done.  What seems crazy is that you can buy a Satnav with lifetime map updates for less than Renault charge for a simple update via R Link.

Still, I guess we should all remember that the French have been trying to rip us off since we beat Napolean and saved their arxe in 1944! :rolleyes:

Traffic alerts haven't been working until the new  2.2.19.200/2.2.18.590 update as it would only direct you on a route that was slower.  I'm still having issues with 2.2.18.590 where the traffic events go 'missing' and I get routed back into traffic.

Renault in their marketing literature guaranteed 2 map updates per year - I had my vehicle since January 2017 and only one map update was published before map updates expired also.

Moan at Renault customer services - they'll either give you voucher codes to get map updates and traffic for free, or send you a check for £115 (£40 for 1 yr traffic subscription and £75 for 1 yr map updates)

On 11/02/2018 at 4:53 PM, abedegno said:

Traffic alerts haven't been working until the new  2.2.19.200/2.2.18.590 update as it would only direct you on a route that was slower.  I'm still having issues with 2.2.18.590 where the traffic events go 'missing' and I get routed back into traffic.

Renault in their marketing literature guaranteed 2 map updates per year - I had my vehicle since January 2017 and only one map update was published before map updates expired also.

Moan at Renault customer services - they'll either give you voucher codes to get map updates and traffic for free, or send you a check for £115 (£40 for 1 yr traffic subscription and £75 for 1 yr map updates)

Well, I had a moan today to Renault UK Customer Service Department and basically after a long conversation the result seemed to be.......

Renault Customer Care = You are our customer and we don't care!

We all make mistakes sometimes with the various things we buy.  My latest was buying a new Kadjar two years ago rather than a Kia Sportage. On reflection it would have made more sense to give up the Bose sound system for an extra 3 years warranty. :(

Hi  RTFishall Yes long warranty is good but don't forget fair wear and tear is not covered  😟battery is two years 😯etc etc etc 🤔few unhappy owners out there with regards to warranty check mrs google out looks like its not a full seven years more like three perhaps mileage  etc 🤔🤔

All is not always greener may well be different if you own 😯

JC😎😎🥃🥃

1 hour ago, J C said:

Hi  RTFishall Yes long warranty is good but don't forget fair wear and tear is not covered  😟battery is two years 😯etc etc etc 🤔few unhappy owners out there with regards to warranty check mrs google out looks like its not a full seven years more like three perhaps mileage  etc 🤔🤔

All is not always greener may well be different if you own 😯

JC😎😎🥃🥃

Yes, sadly I now have to pay the full price for my car and all the fuel, tax and service etc. etc.

However in the 1970/80's I had several company cars when they really were a perk. Got a new Ford Cortina or Vauxhall Cavalier each time they had done 30k miles or 2 years (which ever came first). My mate used to joke... "Another new car mate, is the ash tray full again?". :lol:

Those were the days, before HM Revenue woke up.  :angry: