• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

“Check auto gear box” fault
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hi

Got a warning light today saying “check auto gear box” on my kadjar dynamique s nav.

pulled over and switched the car off and on again the warning disappeared.

anyone else had this issue?

Thanks 

Not got an auto but over 18 months my car has thrown up about 6 or7 warnings for various things all of which have never returned after restarting the car. Never had to go in with it and just put it down to a computer glitch that rebooting cures. I'd wait and see if it returns

3 hours ago, ulfire said:

Not had that fault but it can happen if the clutch overheats . If the warning keeps popping up have the dealer check it 

Thanks for the reply. It has happened on more than 1 occasion...it’s been booked in with Renault for Friday. 

1 hour ago, turboted10 said:

Not got an auto but over 18 months my car has thrown up about 6 or7 warnings for various things all of which have never returned after restarting the car. Never had to go in with it and just put it down to a computer glitch that rebooting cures. I'd wait and see if it returns

Thanks for the reply. It has happened 2-3 times now...and have booked with Renault for Friday...did read somewhere on the net it could be due to filling up fuel from supermarket pumps...apparently it’s not as refined as proper petrol pumps retailers like esso,texaco,etccc.

Wise move :)

This is from my car's manual .Not a Kadjar bit it has the same or similar DCT system

If the clutch becomes overheated
by excessive use of the
clutch to hold on a hill, you may
notice a shudder feeling and a
blinking display on the instrument
cluster. When this occurs,
the clutch is disabled until the
clutch cools to normal temperatures.
If this occurs, pull over to
a safe location, shift into P
(Park) and apply the foot brake
for a few minutes.
• If the LCD warning is active, the
foot brake must be applied.
• Ignoring the warnings can lead
to damage to the transmission.
• If the display continues to blink,
for your safety, we recommend
that you contact an authorized
HYUNDAI dealer and have the
system checked.

28 minutes ago, Shiv said:

Thanks for the reply. It has happened 2-3 times now...and have booked with Renault for Friday...did read somewhere on the net it could be due to filling up fuel from supermarket pumps...apparently it’s not as refined as proper petrol pumps retailers like esso,texaco,etccc.

Well it seems you do have a problem, you're right to take it in. I've heard a lot of things blamed on supermarket fuel but mostly relating to the fueling system. I would have thought any issues from that would possibly result in engine overheating before it could affect the clutch but that's just surmising. 

Always a tricky one the debate about supermarket fuel, my own view when I sit a queue at Tescos is that if there were an issue there'd be an awful lot of folks with car troubles.

Best of luck and as always report back the outcome,;)

Hi guys

Unfortunately Renault have messed up!

I did make them aware that I have 2 kids and most of the boot space is taken up by the double buggy and it must be an auto...and the lady said it wouldn’t be problem as they have 2-3 days to arrange that.

so I phoned them up to check which car they have for me and it was a twingo 3dr in MANUAL!!! Yes I repeat a MANUAL!! I mean where has there common sense gone!!

Really amateur aftersales! Have to wait for them to try and arrange/authorise something through a company called enterprise. God knows how long that will take now.

3 hours ago, Shiv said:

Hi guys

Unfortunately Renault have messed up!

I did make them aware that I have 2 kids and most of the boot space is taken up by the double buggy and it must be an auto...and the lady said it wouldn’t be problem as they have 2-3 days to arrange that.

so I phoned them up to check which car they have for me and it was a twingo 3dr in MANUAL!!! Yes I repeat a MANUAL!! I mean where has there common sense gone!!

Really amateur aftersales! Have to wait for them to try and arrange/authorise something through a company called enterprise. God knows how long that will take now.

It's sad to say it's typical but not confined to Renault. I took my qashqai in to Nissan after the battery failed, or rather the RAC did, it was a mobility car. All my fishing gear, 6ft long holdall etc was in the boot. All they could offer me was a Micra and that would mean a 1/2 day wait. Finally they agreed to drive me home with the gear and deliver the car back 3 days later. I nissan micra is not pleasant when you are used to more comfortable and spacious cars.

I was offered a more suitable car by the next day, that was from the Enterprise hire car outfit, but they charged delivery and return mileage, 20 miles each way, so I politely declined the offer.