• Announcements

    • shedder101

      WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

      i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

New 1.3 turbo petrol in kadjar?
0

5 posts in this topic

Renault has just unveiled a brand new engine which they have developed in collaboration with Daimler and Nissan. The motor will be available in three states of tune. In its lowest tune, badged the Energy TCe 115 the 1.3 litre turbo engine makes 115bhp and 220Nm of torque and will come mated with a manual transmission. Then you have the TCe 140 which makes 140bhp and 240Nm and also gets dual clutch option. The TCe 160 makes a 160bhp and makes 260Nm with a manual gearbox and 270Nm with a dual clutch.

The highlight of the engine is extremely good low-end torque and a linear power delivery which is thanks to the use of numerous Nissan-Renault ‘innovations’ including Bore Spray Coating, designed to cut friction in the cylinder, and a high-pressure fuel-injection system working at 250bar. A unique combustion chamber is aimed at improving the air/fuel mixture, and a ‘dual variable camshaft timing’ system to vary the intake and exhaust valves depending on engine load.

The engine is all set to debut in the Renault Scenic and Grand Scenic before making its way into other models in 2018. Expect the engine to make its way into Renault's Indian range of models as well.

 

https://www.carwale.com/news/renault-unveils-new-turbocharged-13-litre-petrol-engine-32193/

will this engine put in the kadjar too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gsa1967 said:

Renault has just unveiled a brand new engine which they have developed in collaboration with Daimler and Nissan. The motor will be available in three states of tune. In its lowest tune, badged the Energy TCe 115 the 1.3 litre turbo engine makes 115bhp and 220Nm of torque and will come mated with a manual transmission. Then you have the TCe 140 which makes 140bhp and 240Nm and also gets dual clutch option. The TCe 160 makes a 160bhp and makes 260Nm with a manual gearbox and 270Nm with a dual clutch.

The highlight of the engine is extremely good low-end torque and a linear power delivery which is thanks to the use of numerous Nissan-Renault ‘innovations’ including Bore Spray Coating, designed to cut friction in the cylinder, and a high-pressure fuel-injection system working at 250bar. A unique combustion chamber is aimed at improving the air/fuel mixture, and a ‘dual variable camshaft timing’ system to vary the intake and exhaust valves depending on engine load.

The engine is all set to debut in the Renault Scenic and Grand Scenic before making its way into other models in 2018. Expect the engine to make its way into Renault's Indian range of models as well.

 

https://www.carwale.com/news/renault-unveils-new-turbocharged-13-litre-petrol-engine-32193/

will this engine put in the kadjar too? 

Thanks for that, here's the official Renault release: https://media.group.renault.com/global/en-gb/groupe-renault/media/pressreleases/21201109/renault-lance-un-moteur-essence-de-nouvelle-generation-inaugure-sur-scenic-et-grand-scenic

My guess is Renault would want to get rid of the 1.2 petrol quite quickly, if you search on this site you'll find that it doesn't do that well on pollution tests: https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/pollution-and-air-quality/cleaning-londons-vehicles/newer-vehicle-checker

(to be fair, they haven't tested Kadjars since 2015, so Renault may have cleaned the engines up since then]

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Johnbridge said:

Thanks for that, here's the official Renault release: https://media.group.renault.com/global/en-gb/groupe-renault/media/pressreleases/21201109/renault-lance-un-moteur-essence-de-nouvelle-generation-inaugure-sur-scenic-et-grand-scenic

My guess is Renault would want to get rid of the 1.2 petrol quite quickly, if you search on this site you'll find that it doesn't do that well on pollution tests: https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/pollution-and-air-quality/cleaning-londons-vehicles/newer-vehicle-checker

(to be fair, they haven't tested Kadjars since 2015, so Renault may have cleaned the engines up since then]

 

 

is it wise to cansell the order for 1.2 tce and wait for the kadjar with the new engine? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gsa1967 said:

is it wise to cansell the order for 1.2 tce and wait for the kadjar with the new engine? 

That depends on a lot of things? [1] Was your order placed for a 4-year-warranty-car? A car ordered now will only get a 3-year-warranty? [2] Are Renault going to sell lots of unwanted 1.2  cars to [say] Arnold Clark who will offer them at big discounts? [They currently have big discounts on 66 plate models, with the old R-Link] [3] When will the 1.3 engine get to the Kadjar / how much longer will your current car keep going without costing you? My experience tells me that you will be very lucky if you manage to buy a new car at the optimum time; motorists generally lose! The way the market is at the moment, any petrol car is going to be easier [more profitable / less loss] to sell-on-later than a diesel one. I'm not going to advise you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnbridge said:

the car is having 3 year waranty, has the new R-ink.

if renault has anounced when will the kadjar have the new engine and what will be the price of the car (for certain it will be more expencive) i will know what to do.

thanks for your opinion.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

0