• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

tuning box
3 3

14 posts in this topic

Goodmorning, has anyone put a tunning box to increase power and torque of his car?

i have seen a lot of tuning boxes from different companies.

i am interesting for the 1.2 petrol engine 130 hp. From 130 hp goes to 160+ and torgue from 20,5 to 24,5 Nm.

2 hours ago, gsa1967 said:

Goodmorning, has anyone put a tunning box to increase power and torque of his car?

i am interesting for the 1.2 petrol engine 130 hp. From 130 hp goes to 160+ and torgue from 20,5 to 24,5 Nm.

URL pls? :)

And don't forget that it will void the cars warranty. I've had one of those fitted before but only on a much older car, it gave a good performance boost but didn't appear any more efficient as the fuel consumption rose considerably

I wonder - if it does work as advertised, why wouldn't Renault fit the cars with one and sell them as more powerful and more fuel efficient? There must be a catch.. and its most likely significant increase in engine wear and tear. Thoughts?

On 06/02/2018 at 7:45 AM, gsa1967 said:

http://www.prodieselchip.com/gb/

I’ve had one of these fitted to my kadjar 1.5 diesel for the past 2yrs and it’s been great simple and easy to install  I’m averaging 53 around town and I’ve found the gear change is a lot smoother and doesn’t seem to over Rev, motorway run averaging 64+ 

19 hours ago, turboted10 said:

And don't forget that it will void the cars warranty. I've had one of those fitted before but only on a much older car, it gave a good performance boost but didn't appear any more efficient as the fuel consumption rose considerably

if you take it off and go to Renault they dont see anything in the cars electronic .

i had o remap in my skoda octavia 2 vrs 200hp tfsi . after remaping the car was 240 hp .

i dont know what a tuning box is doing what is promising.

3 hours ago, gsa1967 said:

if you take it off and go to Renault they dont see anything in the cars electronic .

I'm not saying they don't give more power, my experience was the same as yours, that they do, BUT, there is no such thing as a free lunch and you will pay for it in other ways.

I read that car computers are now so sophisticated that even though you may have removed it, the shadow remains. Just my opinion but I would not fit one on a car under warranty.

I’d rather have a remap, I’ve had boxes in the past and couldn’t see any difference.  Then again I had my Megane remapped, made it much more responsive.  Just made sure when it went for service, I asked for no engine and gearbox updates.  Extactly what I do now on the Kadjar.

news for remapping. 3 offers

1. from 130 bhp to 145 bhp and from 20,5 Nm to 23,5 Nm cost 400 euros (dyno before and after the remapping)

2. from 130 bhp to 145 bhp and from 20,5 Nm to 23,5 Nm cost 350 euros (dyno before and after the remapping) He will take cars data and save them so if it happens something (never had any of this in the past) to put it again in the car so i will have no problem with waranty.

3. from 130 bhp to 160-165 bhp and from 20,5 Nm to 26,5 Nm cost 550 euros plus 70 euros for dyno . The remmaping is not traceble  by renault's equipment he said to me.

The two first said to me that it is better to do 2000 miles and after do the remapping.

the third one said that is up to me  If  i want to wait to do the mileage or not.

in Greece i dont believe i have problems with insurance.,

i dont have remmaping the car. i prefer to do the 2-3000 miles first. 

remapping is undo only when put the oem program of the car.

I have just put an order in for one of these https://tdi-tuning.com/car/renault/kadjar/12-tce-128-bhp-130-ps-96-kw-205-nm-151-lbft/crtd4-multi-channel-petrol-tuning-box-chip

for my 1.2TCE Petrol EDC Kadjar 

UK insurance with Admiral were OK with any chip 11 to 25 pc increase in BHP and raised my premium £20.

So will report back in a while once 'experimented' on a quiet Sunday morning. My main reason is to increase torque for towing small an Ifor Williams box  trailer loaded with motorbikes or sailing gear. I had a BMW X1 diesel 1.8 auto and that never struggled. The Kadjar with 100Nm less than this will struggle on long motorway inclines. The tuning box in its 'mode 7' you can select on its pre sets  promises 253Nm and 160BHP.

https://tdi-tuning.com/variant-datasheet

UK company with support or dealer install locally if you unsure . Can be re programed for other vehicle makes when you tire of the Kadjar.

Until end of April 10 pc off enter SPRING10 at checkout. Postage £10.