• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Oil & Filter Change
1 1

9 posts in this topic

When does the oil and filter have to be changed on a 1.6 dci ?

I have been told by the dealer only at 18K or 2 years with a Service B

but looking in the hand book and on My Renault app it says

"If you travel move than 9000 miles per year, these two operations are to be carried out every 18000 miles or 1 year."

That's what I said to the dealer, but no they want to an a service next month and then October when the car get to 18k do a b service, say they can not give me a price for a a&b services as my mileage will not be 18k at time for 12month service.

so wanted too see what other people/dealers did in case I had misread the manual

16 hours ago, Defrostphone said:

That's what I said to the dealer, but no they want to an a service next month and then October when the car get to 18k do a b service, say they can not give me a price for a a&b services as my mileage will not be 18k at time for 12month service.

so wanted too see what other people/dealers did in case I had misread the manual

Personally I want the oil changed every year in my car, the recommended change is the max remember, you can do it whenever you want. Take a look at the colour of diesel oil at 9000 miles and tell me if you'll be happy for another 9k. Peace of mind, especially if the car is a keeper, if not and it goes before the warranty ends then not really relevant.

I agree with previous comments on minimum of oil & filter every 12m, especially on diesels, regardless of what Renault say in their servicing schedules. 

Just had oil/filter changed on my March 17 diesel 1.5 even tho only cabin filter was specified, not sure if I was bit short changed on amount tho, as when dipped only came up to 2/3 on dip stick, even tho service sheet said "used 4.8L engine oil"...mmm.  

Incidentally after your next oil change dip it after 2 days ?  You’ll be surprised what it looks like. My diesel was bad. BUT my petrol stays clear for almost a week. Lol