• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Spare wheel queries
2 2

2 posts in this topic

We have just bought a 2017 Renault Kadjar and are trying to find the options for a spare wheel. 

How long will a spacesaver tyre last, some sites say only 70 miles?

If we buy a full size wheel & tyre can it be made to fit in the well?

We have 17" alloys but the tyre selling websites say we can fit a 16" wheel. Does it matter if it is not a matching 17" wheel ?

Any advice would be much appreciated as we are struggling with conflicting views.

Space Savers are recommended for no more than 50 miles generally but , they are only emergency to get you to a tyre service . I'd rather a space saver than the gunk , personally .

It depends on whether or not you have the Bose system as far as fitting a spare goes . 

The spacesaver is a 15" wheel so I suppose you can fit a 16" as long as the overall diameter of wheel and rubber is the same as the originals . Once again , I wouldn't recommend them for full time use