• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Alarm Fault Possible Cause Found ??
1 1

16 posts in this topic

So as we all know some Kadjars are suffering from "false alarming", well yesterday on a visit to my local dealer to book my Kadjar in for an ongoing problem (not alarm), but the the R-Link system, I got chatting with the dealers Auto Electrician about the electrics in general on the Kadjar and in particular this alarm issue, and apparently a cause for the problem looks like it has been found.

The Kadjar has a tilt mechanism or module situated somewhere above the driver but behind the headlining which senses movement such as jacking up the car or towing away, apparently one dealership had a number of Kadjars in for the exact same alarm issue and it was found that every Kadjar that came in had a faulty or incorrectly programmed tilt sensor. 

Some of these sensors had been programmed way too high, a figure of 11 was mentioned, but what the correct figure should be was not mentioned or how high 11 is in comparison to the correct figure ?

So if your Kadjar's alarm is playing up or starts to play up it might be worth mentioning the tilt sensor if your dealer seems a bit baffled or say's they cant find the problem.

This guy did not say if Renault UK had accepted this was the cause of the problem, or if it was just one dealership passing on info to another ?

You may be onto something ben . My alarm sounded for the first time this week . There were very high winds about so I dismissed it even though no other car alarm went off in the car park. My car went in for a "software update " today , though it wasn't the R Link as the version I have is now the same as when it went in . I received an e mail link from the dealer to see the results of my " 25 point health check " , which as far as I know it wasn't booked in for

I know we all have different opinions when it comes to faults or lack of certain features, but I think after looking at issues raised on the Kadjar it just seems so obvious that it does have an underlaying problem with the alarm.

This was first reported by jactac but sadly because he was probably one of the very first to take ownership he was more or less everyone's guinea pig.

Personally after reading all his posts on this and other issues he raised I think his posts were pretty much spot on in his remarks on the Kadjar.

I think we are all Renault's guinea pigs ,ben . For instance ,one of the queries  I raised today was why my service interval was showing as 14500 miles to next service and 7,700 miles to next oil change . I was told the "procedure " they were carrying out today was to fix that issue . Checked my service intervals after the " procedure " and it says 14500 to next service and 7,700 miles to next oil change !!!!

It really doesn't inspire confidence in Renault . They either don't know what they are doing or have more bullsh**t  than Old McDonald's farm

Every problem tends to stem from an electrical, electronic or a software issue, and like you say to make matters worse Renault themselves dont seem to have a clue and try to bullsh*t their way around the problems.

On your experience so far would you consider taking out another Renault when the time comes to part with your Kadjar ?

I'm already thinking about my next car, and it wont be wearing a Renault badge !  

I love the Kadjar ben , and have no intention of changing at the moment . Of course that may change if it develops serious issues and Renault don't get their act together and it may have a bearing on buying my 5th consecutive Renault .

I have been a service technician for over 40 years and it's always been my policy to answer the customer truthfully ,some guys didn't and Renault's responses remind me of those guys .

Very unfortunate

Poor customer service can be as bad as a poor product, in fact having poor customer service and care is possibly worse because you need a service that you can rely on and not be lied to.

I find theres poor communication even between Renault themselves and their dealerships, it all just feels a bit amateurish when dealing with Renault as a whole, from the dealerships right up to the Renault customer care call centers.  

Nail on the head ,as usual . When I queried the product recall for possible vaccuum pump failure at the dealership yesterday ,they knew nothing about it even though it was published on the Government website in the first week of January !!!! When I queried the subject of the recall action they were performing ,I was told " It's all in French and I don't speak French " . I told that I do ,though she didn't show it to me

LOL, it's actually rather shocking.

It's experiences like that and what others have commented, let alone the faults being reported that make me feel I would change makes next time.

Dont get me wrong I fully agree when someone says that no manufacture is perfect, but with Renault they jut seem to be the clowns of the car makers who dont react when theres a problem like they should .

It's really frustrating trying to work out who's at fault, is it just poor communication from the top down, poor dealership management, or a general " we dont care" ethos throughout the whole of Renault.

Personally the latter is my opinion.  .  

Credit where credit's due , just came off chat with Renault spoke to Iain who was very helpful . Also still in contact with R Link Support where David seems to be taking ownership of my issues . So a couple of brownie points for Renault . There you go, I'm not just a moaner :D

They've still got a way to go,though

Credit where credit's due , just came off chat with Renault spoke to Iain who was very helpful . Also still in contact with R Link Support where David seems to be taking ownership of my issues . So a couple of brownie points for Renault . There you go, I'm not just a moaner :D

They've still got a way to go,though

I think that might be the same Iain that I spoke with over my Myrenault set up problems. Yes very helpful. 

I think that might be the same Iain that I spoke with over my Myrenault set up problems. Yes very helpful. 

What I liked most ,Alan, was on my issue of my Kadjar telling me I've got 7000 miles to go to an oil change . He said he just didn't know . Honesty...how refreshing :)  The dealership told me yesterday it would be OK after they had finished the procedure on my car  ,which it wasn't :angry:

BTW , have they sorted out your access problems ?