• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

clutch judder - am I alone?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

1.2 tce manual here, 15k miles on the clock, developed clutch judder for the past weeks, most noticeable on first take off early in the cold morning (down to -10 degrees celsius here).

Cold weather, cold engine / clutch, slight uphill, 3-4 passengers or loaded trunk - these are perfect conditions for the issue to manifest. Not yet taken to the dealership as I can't always replicate it.

Found many threads about this problem on Captur forum - they even have a "register if you have clutch judder" thread. But not for the Kadjar, so I'm starting one.

Let me know if you have or had this too, and how it got solved (if at all).

1 hour ago, AOne said:

Sounds like a malfunctioned flywheel (probably broken spring).

Thats what I read on other forums, yes. Weird thing is it only happened like 4-5 times during the really cold days (subzero temps), while e.g. today when its 3 degrees there's no sign of an issue at all. Last week it happened in the very cold morning and was pretty bad - whole car shaking etc.

I guess I have to wait for it to escalate so that I'm able to replicate every time and then take it to the dealer for a check.

Interestingly it seems its not a widespread issue as on Capturs - searching the forum I couldn't find a single thread with this exact issue.

1 hour ago, Boyko said:

Thats what I read on other forums, yes. Weird thing is it only happened like 4-5 times during the really cold days (subzero temps), while e.g. today when its 3 degrees there's no sign of an issue at all. Last week it happened in the very cold morning and was pretty bad - whole car shaking etc.

I guess I have to wait for it to escalate so that I'm able to replicate every time and then take it to the dealer for a check.

Interestingly it seems its not a widespread issue as on Capturs - searching the forum I couldn't find a single thread with this exact issue.

Wow...wow... wait. Totally forgot...(I feel like a total jerk now). I had the same problem with my previous Scenic . Happened every 4-5-6 months for a few days and then gone. It was a total disaster when appeared. The car was a nightmare to start at first gear. Spoke with couple of servicemen. They said it's a problem with the ferodo, which was my second guess after the flywheel. There are some bad layers in it or something similar. After a little more slippery clutch-use it happened to fix itself for a long time. Drove the car like this for 6 years and sold it with no serious problem anyway, to the garage master I used to go for oil changes and repairs (only miner for all this time :) ). Still no complain from him, as we're friends :D:D:D ...  

36 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

Problem is with any clutch issue is that they invariably throw it back at your driving style. "you must have been riding the clutch sir" or "maybe too many racing starts sir?"

Whatever it is likely to need forceful persuasion to get anywhere with Renault.

Given a post you made earlier about driving of on "auto throttle", well I did say it could cause clutch issues so maybe keep quiet about that one.;)

I completely agree :) 

I admit one of the reasons for the auto-throttle post is to get to know if it may be related - I did drive like that for a while during the summer, used it mainly when parking, so for moving a few meters back and forth, maybe for a few months, but never experienced any issue with the clutch until recently.

Anyway, if it gets to the dealer I will most likely share this w/ them as I don't really consider it being abusive, and I'd like them to know all the facts when diagnosing. If it ends up on me - so be it. 

But having read @AOne's post - it may very well be the same case. Currently I'm not experiencing any issues.

I'll keep this post up to date with how this progresses.

Had the same issue with my Kadjar 15 Diesel  Boyco, but all does not sound as bad as it seems. Had mine serviced today at a Renault garage and i explained the problem to them and they said they would get there technicians to take a look. When I picked the car up they explained it wasnt clutch judder it was the traction control which kicks in if the sensors on the car detect the wheels spinning up. ( its even explained in the user manual). The traction control system applies the brake momentarily to stop the wheel spinning up and the driver loosing control. makes sense to me and explains why it seems to happen more frequently in cold weather.... cold tyres  means less grip more spin. Hope this helps you rest your fears.