• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

How do i update maps?
2 2

14 posts in this topic

You go to the r-link store -> My Products -> Manage, if you have Maps subscription there will be the V16.12 map of Europe (latest update), you put the tick on that and click Install. Then you download the R-Link 2 Toolbox program from Renault site - it will download the Map from R-link store and put it on a USB flash drive. Then you put that flash drive in the car usb port and will be prompted to install the map update.

I agree its more complicated than it should be..

5 hours ago, turboted10 said:

I just hope Renault get the message that it's the techy bits that are pissing people off and putting them off their cars

Well said, but sadly I doubt if the Renault executives ever visit this forum. :unsure:

Like many others "Customer care" translates to "You are our customer and we don't care"!

22 hours ago, turboted10 said:

So you have to go to the RLink store on your PC?

Yes, for the V16.12 map update I had to go to rlinkstore.com and put the tick on the update, otherwise it wouldn't show as an update in the R-Link Toolbox program.

3 hours ago, barracuda1 said:

SNAP............ I looked for that today lol   seems you have to put Saint Andrews not St Andrews, I guess thats the reason never looked for it before the update

I'm sure I tried that at the time and it still wasn't there! Will have to get that map updated and see what happens!

13 minutes ago, shedder101 said:

hi all 

just been on the r-link website and there are no updates for anything nada to be honest looks like its been abandoned some of the images arnt even there 

You must be browsing the wrong site - check here for rlink update: https://www.renault-multimedia.com/gbr_EN/r-link2/upgrade

Then check r-link toolbox app for Map update.

11 hours ago, Lindser said:

I'm sure I tried that at the time and it still wasn't there! Will have to get that map updated and see what happens!

Maybe it was added in the latest update - I haven't searched for it before as its 3000km away from me :)

thats it, i give up on this car with 18 months left on the lease its the bloody last one i am getting 

had the latest firmware updated tried to upgrade today, i have the file i did what it said nothing happened 

called customer service for a truly classic comment, me hello i am having problems with my rlink accepting updates... her,, mmmmm rlink problem, there's not a lot we can do with that we recommend you go back to the dealer.

so bugger the rlink i care not a jot it plays my music and sometimes answers the phone not that it works particularly well,   if it was mine it would be out and replaced, as it is i am stuck like most with it.