• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Headlight condensation brand new car!
3 3

24 posts in this topic

Hi all

my first post here and first time Renault Kadjar owner.

okay so I have had the car now for 24 hours, it has done only 24 miles.

when I got to work today I’ve found that both headlights have a minor condensation around the edges and in the middle.

spoke to Renault Nottingham and have been told that this is normal but to bring it I do they can have a look at it.

does anyone have any experience with this and what I should do?

5BB328B0-CE8A-4280-BBE8-6FD955F1D7E9.jpeg

8ABA5FC6-7D83-42D9-9A68-CC61CBE86181.jpeg

11B3A96F-EF9D-4AEC-BE71-360789ECBA59.jpeg

Mine is back in for some issues one of them being the headlights misting up 

they have told me that it’s not an issue if it clears after 15mins of the lights being on 

I know it’s gref but put your lights on and video it for 15 mins and show them it don’t clear it took 2 days for mine to clear 

If you do a search on this forum you'll find that some owners have had their headlights replaced under warranty due  to this very problem.

If you have LED headlights remember that they do not generate heat as conventional lamps do so cannot evaporate the moisture.

Hi  Yes some of us have had them replaced BUT i think myself some condensation is considered as " normal " but in our case we had  drip run stains on inside of light  so they were replaced no argument from dealer 😀😀

Yes they are led and we love them but I have noticed they do not get warm  and wonder how we will get on with them  if we get some proper snow with low temperatures and will they get covered in snow  when driving along ???????  🤔🤔

JC. 😎😎🥃🥃

10 hours ago, J C said:

Hi  Yes some of us have had them replaced BUT i think myself some condensation is considered as " normal " but in our case we had  drip run stains on inside of light  so they were replaced no argument from dealer 😀😀

Yes they are led and we love them but I have noticed they do not get warm  and wonder how we will get on with them  if we get some proper snow with low temperatures and will they get covered in snow  when driving along ???????  🤔🤔

JC. 😎😎🥃🥃

Anyone with "normal" headlights had this issue??. Only working from memory but I seem to recall only cars with led lights affected.

47 minutes ago, Sam64 said:

I have a Dynamique S Nav and have had the same issue with condensation within the headlight units, but I've not checked recently with this latest cold snap.

Renault seem to accept this happens, in the Kadjar handbook table "Operating faults 7/7, section 5.39" "Traces of condensation in the lights" it says: "Traces of condensation may be a natural phenomenon caused by variations in temperature. In this case, the traces will disappear slowly once the lights are switched on" The "What to do" section of the table is left blank!

It's clearly a design fault that Renault (or Dealers) are reluctant to admit.  Perhaps they should have gone to Everest Double Glazing to solve it. Seriously though, it's apalling that a fault like this can happened on any car in the 21st century.

Perhaps Renault only field test their cars in the warm and dry south of Frogland! ;).  It's a Kia Sportage for me next time :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RTFishall said:

It's clearly a design fault that Renault (or Dealers) are reluctant to admit.  Perhaps they should have gone to Everest Double Glazing to solve it. Seriously though, it's apalling that a fault like this can happened on any car in the 21st century.

Perhaps Renault only field test their cars in the warm and dry south of Frogland! ;).  It's a Kia Sportage for me next time :rolleyes:

Good luck with the Sportage, here's an owner in Montreal with condensation problems with his Sportage: http://www.kia-forums.com/4g-2016-2018-sportage/260490-condensation-sx-headlight-closure.html

I had a search around the 'net and drivers complained about this problem even in top-price cars [Bmw, Audi, Mercedes..] Here's an Osram blog, where they answer the "Is fogging a good reason to make a complaint?" question with a "No":  https://www.carlightblog.com/2014/06/24/fogging-the-ultimate-guide/

That's a 2014 article, if anyone can find a more up-to-date one [Kadjar LEDs don't have fans in?] please post...

Just a quick update on what’s happening everyone.

renault main dealer have admitted to a problem with the car but need to test it for 24 hours and report back to Renault technical only then will I get new lights installed l. Not good for a brand new car.

Your lucky it's only the head lights our Daughters new Clio tce is always

driping wet inside its to much for just a small cloth she has to use a bath

towels witch isn't funny when she wants to jump in it and drive to work.

its not even a two minute job because even with the aircon on full blast

fan on full blast it still takes at least ten mins before she can drive away.

On a better note to show I'm not anti Reault or Victor Meldue my 

Kadjar is perfect. 

Hi Elo55 if Clio is so wet I would look for water under seats and under carpets  and in boot condensation is water and has to from somewhere 🤔🤔 if inside of car is dry no condensation 😯

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

In my case it is the always snowy shoes (we live in Austria). The moisture was soaked in the Renault guide book (yeah - the thick one), which I keep in the trunk and after removing it and buying the dehumidifier all sorted out.

Quick update on what happened at the local garage 

They have replaced my headlights but have warned that it may happen again, Renault know there is a problem and are apparently looking into it. But for now I’m actually a happy customer.

1 hour ago, Scot6y said:

Quick update on what happened at the local garage 

They have replaced my headlights but have warned that it may happen again, Renault know there is a problem and are apparently looking into it. But for now I’m actually a happy customer.

You're lucky! Here in Ukraine we have it stated in terms of warranty that headlight condensation is not covered under warranty

On 01/02/2018 at 8:30 AM, turboted10 said:

Anyone with "normal" headlights had this issue??. Only working from memory but I seem to recall only cars with led lights affected.

I have Led headlights and they’ve stained terribly on the inside they look old and dreadful! My father in law had normal headlights with no issue whatsoever! LEDs in my opinion look great but don’t give as much light at night as the normal ones! Perhaps mine are just stained to badly! I mentioned it last year at its first service and they did nothing about it. I will definitely be complaining formally this year!

Hi mine does the same after washing the car by hand my partners Clio is the same too.the dealer says it goes after 10-15 mins which it does.can be bad thro the winter months tho

Hi mine does the same after washing the car by hand my partners Clio is the same too.the dealer says it goes after 10-15 mins which it does.can be bad thro the winter months tho

I dont mind the condensation as it does dry up, it’s the staining it leaves after doing it for almost two years! Surly Renault can installed sealed units that don’t mist up. My previous car had similar headlights and I had no issues whatsoever. 

Problem with led headlights is that they are simply too efficient, ie, they don't waste much energy as heat so very slow to heat the air inside the headlight which evaporates the fogging with normal types.

I don't have leds, mine are standard but a better solution for top spec cars was used on the sister Qashqai, they were HID discharge or similar, very clear focused light that reflects signs up brilliantly, blue signs shine out like neons. No doubt they have gone to LED now, because they are simply cheaper