Removing Marks on Centre Console Chrome Trims Signature S NAV
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what is the best way to remove marks\scratches on Centre Console Chrome Trims on a Signature S NAV (Next to passage & Driver Seats). After looking at a few Signature today they all seem to have the marks on the chrome trims, the black trims on the lower specs don't seem to show up marks\scratches them same.5a708ca9af6ef_2018-01-3010_44_01.thumb.jpg.19c29f2f341f14e241bd8548f6dc1d41.jpg

You won't remove them given how thin the final finish will be.

Studs on jeans, keys in pockets, leaning over to the passenger side etc etc, it's normal wear and tear. My megane had a silver finished gear stick logo, I wore off the silver completely. Underneath was the standard megane logo but this time black, that lasted a bit longer, ;)

(I do have the bad habit of driving with one hand on the gearstick at times)

Mine are silver, I dragged the hoover hose over the top pretty early into my ownership, gutted I was.

It annoyed me that much I tried a little rubbing compound on an unseen part. It worked.  I found that what I think, they are painted silver, mat finish after a go with the compound, I removed the scratches and have gloss silver trims now.

BA67B25A-D267-4724-9775-BB7417B571D2.jpeg

Mine got scratched at both sides for 2 months. Neither me, nor my life have keys hanging out of the pockets or something that could do a damage. It must've been from the same material, the protective glass on the dashboard is made from...

Hi Yes ours got some marks from wire to coffee cup not good but hey rest of it is ok   ( except map thing)  nothing is perfect 🤔🤔 except me of course 😇😇

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

2 hours ago, RTFishall said:

My usual reply.... Do what I will do next time, buy a Kia Sportage.  ;)

Do you think it's fawless? Naaa! I don't believe it. We have a saying in our country which basically translate from thorn to a prickle. I prefer miner cosmetic troubles than some other bullshit.

17 hours ago, AOne said:

Do you think it's fawless? Naaa! I don't believe it. We have a saying in our country which basically translate from thorn to a prickle. I prefer miner cosmetic troubles than some other bullshit.

You'll never find the perfect car simply because we all have our own personal preferences and what suits me won't suit you. You simply can't pick and mix car features, if we could every car would be as different as we are.

When you have something that is good but not perfect, our phase would either "out of the frying pan into the fire" or "the grass is always greener on the other side". ;)