• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Moved from Golf to Kadjar thoughts
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone
New to forum
Renault Kadjar 1.5 dCi Dynamique Nav 5 dr
Just got new Kadjar yesterday and mileage indicator is totally different from Volkswagen Golfs one on mileage left i tank.
Usually put £20 worth of diesel in and Golf registered approx 220 miles but when put Kadjars in this morning with 85 mils left it only showed up 225 meaning I think only 140 for £20 diesel.
By the way live in North of Ireland but get diesel over border in South which is why you might not get same amount for £20
Diesel cheaper and 15% on sterling.
Anyone any ideas
Cheers

15 minutes ago, Fran said:

Hi everyone
New to forum
Renault Kadjar 1.5 dCi Dynamique Nav 5 dr
Just got new Kadjar yesterday and mileage indicator is totally different from Volkswagen Golfs one on mileage left i tank.
Usually put £20 worth of diesel in and Golf registered approx 220 miles but when put Kadjars in this morning with 85 mils left it only showed up 225 meaning I think only 140 for £20 diesel.
By the way live in North of Ireland but get diesel over border in South which is why you might not get same amount for £20
Diesel cheaper and 15% on sterling.
Anyone any ideas
Cheers

I started with the AA site to tell me the price of diesel [http://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/driving-costs/fuel-prices] They said Northern Ireland diesel was £1.219 per litre. As 1 gallon is 4.546 litre, that comes to £5.54 per gallon. So £20 gets you £20/£5.54 or 3.61 gallon of diesel [assuming the starting price is right!] This site can tell you what mpg people get with the 1.5 manual Kadjars: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/renault/kadjar-2015/15-dci-110 The "worst" is 44mpg [round-town driving], or 158 miles for 3.61 gallon. The average people get is 56.8 mpg, using that you should go ~205 miles on £20 worth. It will be less than the Golf as it's a much bigger car, plus being taller messes with mpg. The indicator on the dashboard calculates how far the car will go based on what it thinks the average mpg is - if you reset the mileage to zero, add the diesel, then only drive a few miles round town the mpg will be low, and the prediction will be lower too. Incidentally, one of the settings on the display shows the average mpg calculated by the car, in my petrol Kadjar that is usually within 1 mpg of the value I calculate from the garage receipt etc.... Best of luck with the new machine!

Thanks for  reply Johnbridge but I get the diesel over the border in Republic of Ireland where it is cheaper and I get 15% extra money on my sterling,Golf average from day I got it was 46 mpg over 20,000 miles which I thought was good as I do a lot of town driving but the returns on the Kadjar looked so much better,will be a bit disappointed if they are not lol.
Will wait until I get more miles on it,only about 30 or 40 on it at the moment
Thanks for reply all the same and Kadjar lovely drive,I actually think better than Golf but don't want to say much about Golf eg   spare wheel under 2 inches of water and loads of condensation or the owners will come looking for me as they are a bit of a select crew :) 

15 hours ago, Fran said:

Thanks for  reply Johnbridge but I get the diesel over the border in Republic of Ireland where it is cheaper and I get 15% extra money on my sterling,Golf average from day I got it was 46 mpg over 20,000 miles which I thought was good as I do a lot of town driving but the returns on the Kadjar looked so much better,will be a bit disappointed if they are not lol.
Will wait until I get more miles on it,only about 30 or 40 on it at the moment
Thanks for reply all the same and Kadjar lovely drive,I actually think better than Golf but don't want to say much about Golf eg   spare wheel under 2 inches of water and loads of condensation or the owners will come looking for me as they are a bit of a select crew :) 

As said by JB, the thing is the projected mileage range is retrospective, ie based on it's previous use. Given it's new or just come 2nd hand from the dealer it's been shunted about and the results will be way out.

I recently filled mine to about 95%, the range showed as 550 ish, once reset and driven a while it was over 900.

forget Renaults highly optimistic fuel consumption figures, but under similar driving I think it will beat the golf, BUT, that's a big but, look at the wind resistance of a Kadjar compared to the golf, the Kadj is built like a brick and you pay for it at higher speeds.

eg, yesterday I had a 25 mile motorway journey to do. Do to temp speed limits I saw just over 70mpg on the way there, most of the journey was at 40mph ish. It was cleared on the way back and I did exceed the 70 speed limit a few times, the combined figure was 51mpg.

That means the return journey was giving only 30mpg. :o, I find that doing anything over 60mph hammer the fuel usage.

Thanks for reply turboted10 but I don't do 70 or over that much,maybe going to Belfast on motorway but very few and far between those journeys,would maybe average 45/55/60 on half decent roads.It will be interesting because I was out yesterday and today in it covering about 25/30 miles and it is now saying 230 miles left in it,so mileage left going up rather than down lol.By the way it is a new car with I think about 10 miles on the clock when I got it.
Cheers

At least 3 consumped fuel tanks you will need to get real average fuel consumption and therefor range.

mine is 6.2l/100 km of diesel, 1.6 dCi in 47.000 km, 4WD, at average speed 50 km/h+

15 hours ago, Fran said:

Thanks for reply turboted10 but I don't do 70 or over that much,maybe going to Belfast on motorway but very few and far between those journeys,would maybe average 45/55/60 on half decent roads.It will be interesting because I was out yesterday and today in it covering about 25/30 miles and it is now saying 230 miles left in it,so mileage left going up rather than down lol.By the way it is a new car with I think about 10 miles on the clock when I got it.
Cheers

That's the point, the result you are now getting is the result of your driving, not down to it's previous life. If it's only been driven around a compound onto a transporter or 2 then around the dealers premises the initial figure would be alarming. I get an average of 51 to 52 mpg from my 1.5dci and my driving seems similar to yours. That motorway trip still gave the same average but had it all been 70+ it would have been very low. 

Hi there Turboted10

Ye I have realised that now as 220 miles now seems to be permanent lol.
Done about 80/90 miles and same as from when I put in the diesel,so you are right and I hope I can get 51/52 mpg as was getting 46 from Golf,as Tescos says "Every little helps"
Cheers