R-link 2 2.2.19.200
6 6

75 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fkovacs213 said:

Dear Kadjar Users,

You can find the latest firmware here: https://www.renault-multimedia.com/gbr_EN/r-link2/upgrade

image.thumb.png.96608af573b0855d59c4b0e114cd51c9.png

You can type your VIN number to check and it is good you can download new firmware: 2.2.19.200

Regards, fkovacs213

Hi there, any links to what's included in the new firmware? Website says I can upgrade, but it does not say either!

Thx

3 hours ago, Andyb said:

Interesting, also compatible, and now downloaded

Not tried it yet...

some more info:

https://www.gps-rlink.com/r-link-2/r-link-2-install-an-update-yourself/

http://www.gps-carminat.com/v3/2017/09/07/r-link-2-maj-2-2-18-590/

(Been waiting to go from 2.2.17.803 to 2.2.18.590)

Many thanks for that, worked a treat now I have 2.2.19.200 and Navigation  9.12.80.689874 I did have (2.2.17.803 and Nav 9.12.80.642449 ) also radio text now works.

15 hours ago, fkovacs213 said:

Dear Kadjar Users,

You can find the latest firmware here: https://www.renault-multimedia.com/gbr_EN/r-link2/upgrade

image.thumb.png.96608af573b0855d59c4b0e114cd51c9.png

You can type your VIN number to check and it is good you can download new firmware: 2.2.19.200

Regards, fkovacs213

Thanks for that   :-)  worked a treat now I have 2.2.19.200 and Navigation  9.12.80.689874 I did have (2.2.17.803 and Nav 9.12.80.642449 ) also radio text now works.

Thanks for the info. However, after having it confirmed that the update is available for my Kadjar and having received an e-mail providing me with the link (mm2014_upgrade.lgu) I loaded it to my USB stick as recommended. However, on starting the car and inserting the USB, the system then showed "No audio files" or such. and no software download seemed to be available. In addition, the R-Link 2 Toolbox is showing no updates available when the USB stick is loaded to my Mac. It's rather frustrating when other owners above have stated "worked a treat". 😀

nb   I had already imprinted the cars R-Link 2 system to the USB beforehand.

Can any forum members help me to sort this little problem out?

Regards

22 minutes ago, Newly Renault said:

Thanks for the info. However, after having it confirmed that the update is available for my Kadjar and having received an e-mail providing me with the link (mm2014_upgrade.lgu) I loaded it to my USB stick as recommended. However, on starting the car and inserting the USB, the system then showed "No audio files" or such. and no software download seemed to be available. In addition, the R-Link 2 Toolbox is showing no updates available when the USB stick is loaded to my Mac. It's rather frustrating when other owners above have stated "worked a treat". 😀

Regards

Did mine earlier and after starting the car and inserting the usb key, also saw the "No audio files" message. I had to wait a few more minutes before the update message appeared (did you put the file inside the R-LINK folder?)

Also once updated you have to go the the R-LINK store website, https://gb.rlinkstore.com/, login and go to updates. First though open the  R-Link 2 Toolbox app with you USB inserted. 

Select the map update in the Store , which should then appear in Toolbox app ready for download. 

9 hours ago, Neil as said:

Have updated firmware ,now have radio text ,also plugged back into tool box and now downloading map of Europe v16.12 will see if it installs 

Installed okay for me, but it did wipe all my previous destinations and address book.

4 hours ago, Newly Renault said:

Regards

You did same mistake as me... You have to copy with folder 

I did ours yesterday... no issues with the install and I even got DAB song title display (for about 10 minutes till I switched it off and went back out an hour later) :huh:  Its getting a bit silly with that now.

Yes you can. I have Mac OS and had the same problem. It seems you can format with MS-DOS (FAT) option in Disc Utilities. It doesn't specifically state FAT 32 but it's the same thing. It saves driving to my daughters to use her Windows laptop. Try it.

1 hour ago, Wales said:

I entered my VIN number, but the box goes red, with no messages.  Does this mean I cant get the update, or am I doing something wrong ?

Ignore my last message, I just tried again and it worked.  I've updates to 2.2.19.200. and I now have radio text :-)  

The problem I have now though is I need to connect the car to it's network.  When I enter my e-mail address to connect, I get the message "Connectivity cannot be activated for technical reasons.  Please Try Later"

Has anyone else seen this ?  and will it work eventually ?

3 hours ago, PatWar said:

Yes you can. I have Mac OS and had the same problem. It seems you can format with MS-DOS (FAT) option in Disc Utilities. It doesn't specifically state FAT 32 but it's the same thing. It saves driving to my daughters to use her Windows laptop. Try it.

I done the same to. It worked fine. Updates all done. 

57 minutes ago, Wales said:

Ignore my last message, I just tried again and it worked.  I've updates to 2.2.19.200. and I now have radio text :-)  

The problem I have now though is I need to connect the car to it's network.  When I enter my e-mail address to connect, I get the message "Connectivity cannot be activated for technical reasons.  Please Try Later"

Has anyone else seen this ?  and will it work eventually ?

As far as I know you have to put the usb stick back into your comp and activate rlink also make sure rlink toolbox is running, there is also a map update as well v16.12

4 hours ago, PatWar said:

Hi PatWar & Rustydiver, thanks for the replies. I've managed to format a USB stick to MS-DOS (FAT) and have downloaded the file. I've ended up with a file called mm2014_upgrade.lgu in my downloads folder. The guide talks about having to unzip this file, but when I click on it, I get a message saying the file cannot be opened or similar. The guide goes on to say I need to copy the file into the R-Link folder on my USB, but there's no such folder. As you can probably guess, I'm struggling. Any help or guidance you can give would be most appreciated. 

36 minutes ago, barracuda1 said:

As far as I know you have to put the usb stick back into your comp and activate rlink also make sure rlink toolbox is running, there is also a map update as well v16.12

I did put the USB Stick back into my computer, but no further updates available, and no option to reactivate rlink.  Rlink toolbox was running.   There is no sign of a map update to v16.12, but it has updated to 9.12.80.689874 (from 642449), how do I know if it's v16.12 or not ?

45 minutes ago, barracuda1 said:

do you have a live subscription or is the map update a free one to make up for the issues?

Mac    0

Hi everyone 👋 for those who’s have an issue with update. 

1. Clear all data you have on your usb stick

2. Plug in your usb stick to the socket in Kadjar and wait little while (system will save some data on it with the folder you will need for your update) 

3. Plug in your usb stick into your pc and copy extracted file into r-link folder 

4. Go back to your Kadjar plug in your usb stick, start the engine and wait little while until installation begin and wait until finish. Job done ✅ 

Repeat this process every time you want to make an update ! 😬