R-link 2 2.2.19.200
9 9

116 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Dal22 said:

I've read this whole thread but can't seem to find the reason why people are getting £75 back from Renault... can someone explain? My map/traffic subscription on my Kadjar expired in Feb. I've had my car a year, just gone, and I've struggled to update the maps in this time. Think my maps are still from 2015!

The £75 is to cover the cost of a new map subscription, the firmware has been fixed to allow the Rlink 2.2.xx versions to update to the 'newer' version of the map package.  Remains to be seen how many map updates we will get but it is a step in the right direction. 

The only other issue i've heard is that you can only update the maps if you have a Live Traffic subscription as well which costs £40.  I was successful with my complaint in regards to not receiving any updates due to the firmware issues that I received the £75 cheque and also had my Live Traffic reactivated from Renault Customer Services (not Connected Services)

On 12/04/2018 at 8:24 AM, leejaxxin said:

The £75 is to cover the cost of a new map subscription, the firmware has been fixed to allow the Rlink 2.2.xx versions to update to the 'newer' version of the map package.  Remains to be seen how many map updates we will get but it is a step in the right direction. 

The only other issue i've heard is that you can only update the maps if you have a Live Traffic subscription as well which costs £40.  I was successful with my complaint in regards to not receiving any updates due to the firmware issues that I received the £75 cheque and also had my Live Traffic reactivated from Renault Customer Services (not Connected Services)

OK, that all makes sense. I struggled to get map updates during my first year of owning my car, what is the route to complain? Is there a particular email address or phone number?

I contacted renault customer services in regards to the voucher.

R-Link helpline can only assist with technical issues and even then its not great! They will help you get the R-Link updated to the correct firmware.

customer.services@renault.co.uk

have you tried this number, you need to know the multimedia version you have in your car before  you ring them

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
from 9h to 17h30

Before you call, help us by having the multimedia software version installed in your vehicle, available. This can be found on the settings screen within your vehicle.

I’ve had an interesting discussion with various bits of Renault over the last few days while trying to get the map update.

Talking to Connected Services, it was stressed that the engine has to be running during the map update. Their explanation was that this was to stop the R-Link switching into standby mode causing the update to fail.

Thinking back to conversations I had about the DPF - Diesel Particulate Filter - when buying the car, I remembered the advice from a service tech about the potential danger of compromising the DPF if the engine is left on tickover.

I raised this apparently conflicting advice with Customer Relations. After referring the question to Renault technical, the answer came back that the service tech was correct - if you let the car sit on your drive with the engine ticking over while the update runs, the DPF could be compromised. The advice from the tech department was to go for a drive while the update is running - but avoid auto-stop engaging because that would cause the update to fail.

1 hour ago, ulfire said:

That's why I updated mine on my commute to work of about 30 minutes ...with Auto Stop switched off

The trouble is, there are plenty of people driving around in diesel-engined cars that wouldn’t know what a DPF was if they fell over one, let alone being aware of actions that might cause damage/shorten its life.

46 minutes ago, MikeB said:

The trouble is, there are plenty of people driving around in diesel-engined cars that wouldn’t know what a DPF was if they fell over one, let alone being aware of actions that might cause damage/shorten its life.

You are being too pedantic. It wont cause any damage to a DPF-equipped diesel car if you leave it running for 20-30 minutes. I've done this a number of times with my diesels. The filter will automatically clear itself when needed and all that is required is for you to drive the car at a bit higher speeds (70-80km/h) for a little while (5 minutes is usually enough) every now and then. As long as you do this the car will be good.

1 minute ago, Boyko said:

You are being too pedantic. It wont cause any damage to a DPF-equipped diesel car if you leave it running for 20-30 minutes. I've done this a number of times with my diesels. The filter will automatically clear itself when needed and all that is required is for you to drive the car at a bit higher speeds (70-80km/h) for a little while (5 minutes is usually enough) every now and then. As long as you do this the car will be good.

Not me being “pedantic” - the comment about the DPF comes straight from Renault Tech Services. I’m merely the messenger.

What a load of rubbish !   Are you seriously saying that you can't sit in your car with the engine running ?   If it was a major issue Renault would be telling the customer when they bought the car.   I often sit with the car running, while waiting to pick my son up from school.  I can't see how this can be an issue for the DPF.

I know exactly how it works, and it regenerates during normal driving, so sitting in the car with the engine running should not be a problem.   There is nothing in the handbook that says this should not be done.

What a load of rubbish !   Are you seriously saying that you can't sit in your car with the engine running ? 

Wales , I didn't say that unless you're referring to the MikeB/Renault answer . I merely suggested that it would be more practical to update whilst using the car rather than just leaving idle for 30 minutes .

As far as the DPF goes , you're correct . It does regenerate whilst driving though generally at higher speeds to attain the correct temperature to burn off the soot . I was advised by more than one technician / mechanic though to drive it like you stole it every now and then .

Guess what... It's forbidden to have your motor runnig if the car is not moving in Austria. Thay say the penalty is something like thousands of euro ;) As far as I know the penalty in UK for such thing is 80£.