R-link 2 2.2.19.200
9 9

116 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Arthur_Kono said:

Did you follow instructions, provided here?

I've upgraded without any problem. It takes some time to starting actions after inserting USB stick (couple of minutes).

To the letter. 

After I inserted USB stick I waited, and waited and waited but no message asking if I wanted to install the software.

58 minutes ago, Wife'sKdj said:

To the letter. 

After I inserted USB stick I waited, and waited and waited but no message asking if I wanted to install the software.

How long did you wait? When I plugged mine in, it took about 4 minutes before the message asking me if I wanted to update software appeared.

Hi being in Ireland (a third world country as far as CS is concerned) we cannot update to new firmware yet!! I am giving up with Renault's version of TomTom and paying over the odds and sticking my old Garmin back on the windscreen far better and I get regular updates and they are accurate and free.

9 hours ago, AOne said:

I also read in the bulgarian forum, that such a line is present in the hidden menus or the code of the software, but as far as I know, the hardware is not compatible. There appears to be a Romanian guy, who say he can enable this feature for 50 euro, but I think it's a hoax, unless he uses a soldering tool :)

Offtopic to Boyko: (Мараба баце :D )

i guess hardware issue is just related with car play because as we all know in r link 1 android auto was managed to be installed by coding. maybe my guess is wrong but i wish to have android auto at least. and i will have a chance to try in 1 month. i will let all you know when i succeed unless someone tries it before me :D thank you

1 hour ago, Barrovian said:

How long did you wait? When I plugged mine in, it took about 4 minutes before the message asking me if I wanted to update software appeared.

Didn't time it but seemed longer than that. Will try a system reset and try again.

2 hours ago, Wife'sKdj said:

Didn't time it but seemed longer than that. Will try a system reset and try again.

Make sure you put the update file "mm2014_upgrade.lgu" inside the R-LINK folder on your usb stick. It doesn't work if you put it anywhere else.

13 hours ago, AOne said:

I also read in the bulgarian forum, that such a line is present in the hidden menus or the code of the software, but as far as I know, the hardware is not compatible. There appears to be a Romanian guy, who say he can enable this feature for 50 euro, but I think it's a hoax, unless he uses a soldering tool :)

Offtopic to Boyko: (Мараба баце :D )

I read here that "as of November 7, 2016, Android Auto no longer requires special hardware in a car to work".

If this turns out to be true, then older Kadjars should be compatible too. I guess we'll get to know in the upcoming months.

// Offtopic: Честити греди и кутия за багаж! :) 

No update available for me and mine also goes in for service end of month, will ask when its in as someone with same details as me on previous page was able to update.

On 27/01/2018 at 4:24 PM, Boyko said:

I read here that "as of November 7, 2016, Android Auto no longer requires special hardware in a car to work".

If this turns out to be true, then older Kadjars should be compatible too. I guess we'll get to know in the upcoming months.

// Offtopic: Честити греди и кутия за багаж! :) 

My understanding was that update in 2016 was to allow android auto to work independently of the car - ie the phone sceen itself could be used for android auto, instead of offloading/mirroring to the in car dash screen? As such not sure that brings us any closer to getting android auto in pre-2017 Kadjars?

10 hours ago, Surreyboy77 said:

My understanding was that update in 2016 was to allow android auto to work independently of the car - ie the phone sceen itself could be used for android auto, instead of offloading/mirroring to the in car dash screen? As such not sure that brings us any closer to getting android auto in pre-2017 Kadjars?

Not sure - I thought the Android Auto app has always been a standalone app. For what I can tell the app doesn't require anything from the car - it has the phones GPS and data connection, and Google's services. 

I've never used it myself, but I thought the app works entirely on the phone, while the special hardware on the car is required for the screen mirroring. And since November 2016 the app no longer requires anything special on the car for screen mirroring to work.

Anyway, hope someone more competent can put more light on this.

My problem is although I have downloaded the .lgu file, how to unpack it. I am running High Sierra on iMac and cannot find an app to help me. Would appreciate any help thanks

I used macOS High Sierra as well. The instructions from Renault seem to ignore macOS, but it still works. You don't need to unpack it. Just copy the mmu2014_upgrade.lgu file into the r-link folder on your USB stick (formatted to fat32) Plug it into your cars USB socket. You should see a brief 'software update detected' banner at the top of your r-link screen, then id disappears and the r-link seems to start as normal. Wait about 3 to 4 minutes and you should see a message asking you if you want to update the r-link software. Takes about 10 minutes.

Edited by Barrovian
error

22 hours ago, Barrovian said:

I used macOS High Sierra as well. The instructions from Renault seem to ignore macOS, but it still works. You don't need to unpack it. Just copy the mmu2014_upgrade.lgu file into the r-link folder on your USB stick (formatted to fat32) Plug it into your cars USB socket. You should see a brief 'software update detected' banner at the top of your r-link screen, then id disappears and the r-link seems to start as normal. Wait about 3 to 4 minutes and you should see a message asking you if you want to update the r-link software. Takes about 10 minutes.

Great advice barrovian, I did as you said and have updated my system. Cheers

Thanks guys for the detail instruction and I got it installed. However now my live info traffic is disabled, where can I get it activated? I followed the below PDF instruction and got confused by the last page where it says pls go to main meu on your R-Link 2 and check if connect button showing? is this referring to car or pc app? thanks guys :)

https://www.renault-multimedia.com/uploads/files_rlink2/user-guide-RLink2-upgrade-UK.pdf

39 minutes ago, mmctsai said:

Thanks guys for the detail instruction and I got it installed. However now my live info traffic is disabled, where can I get it activated? I followed the below PDF instruction and got confused by the last page where it says pls go to main meu on your R-Link 2 and check if connect button showing? is this referring to car or pc app? thanks guys :)

https://www.renault-multimedia.com/uploads/files_rlink2/user-guide-RLink2-upgrade-UK.pdf

Have you got an active subscription?  I have the same problem, with no connection,  but Renault say it's because my subscription has run out.   

Just had another go at installing the new firmware and it worked no problem.

I don't have a "Connect" button on my main menu but all my subscriptions have expired so that's understandable.

I do, however, have £75.00 sat in my bank account courtesy of Renault to by a new Map subscription.

Is that all I need or do I need to buy something else to make it work properly?

The £75 option for maps in the rlink store online - Does that cover traffic as well, or do you need to pay the £40 for Tom Tom traffic to get traffic alerts? £115 sounds very steep for 1 year!!

If you buy these on you PC, transfer to USB, and install, does the 'connect' button then work (not come up with error about technical problems) and reconnect your car to the service?

I don't get this "Connect Button" stuff. I don't have one, have managed to update to 2.2.19.200 and also the latest maps 16.12. The car is only nine months old so I am still getting everything "free" so when it runs out do I miraculously get a connect button on my screen?

23 minutes ago, PatWar said:

I don't get this "Connect Button" stuff. I don't have one, have managed to update to 2.2.19.200 and also the latest maps 16.12. The car is only nine months old so I am still getting everything "free" so when it runs out do I miraculously get a connect button on my screen?

You're supposed to have the connect button before your subscription runs out. Or maybe when you purchase the tomtom live traffic package. For what I got the connect button allows for your car to use cellular data connection (via pre-installed sim card) in order to provide live traffic information etc. And maybe also to download apps directly from the car.

35 minutes ago, Wife'sKdj said:

I think I'll just go for the map update. From what I remember from my first year the traffic updates were unreliable.

Traffic updates are not even available in certain R-Link Stores - e.g. in ours (Bulgarians) its not available for purchase, either because its even more unreliable in our area, or because they consider us insolvent :) My Kadjar is registered in the Netherlands rlink store - I believe they have the most recent apps and services.

CC1    0

Hello!

I did the firmware update to 2.2.19.200 verison, after that i plugged in a empty usb drive, but now on my computer the RLink2 toolbox does not the see the flash drive at all?

Also do i understand correctly, for the new map updates, i have to pay for a new one year subscription fee?

Not been on the forum for a while but after a quick look around yesterday I spotted the r-link update posts. Pleased to report that the upgrade worked as per instructions without any known issues. Thanks to all for your helpful posts.