R-link 2 2.2.19.200
9 9

116 posts in this topic

No need. Important things: format USB stick with FAT32 file system. Use at least 8GB USB stick. Copy unzipped folder with update to stick. Upgrade lasts about 10 mins. Then you can use same stick for map upgrade. Just run toolbox and inser stick. It imideately report that map update is available to install on stick. After finish download insert stick into R-Link2. Map upgrade proces lasts about 20 mins.

Thanks to everyone here for informing us of the update to 2.2.19.200. This is one of the reasons why this Forum is great because,quite honestly, if I hadn't have read about it on here I would not have known about it. I too have updated to 2.2.19.200 and at the moment the only difference is Audio Text on DAB. So my question is: is this upgrade instead  of 2.2.18.590 (which could only be done by a dealer) or a tweak to 2.2.17.803 to keep a few people quiet? What exactly does 2.2.19.200 improve? I would have thought that were this update the answer to all our prayers Renault would have been making a bigger deal of it and would have at least wrote/emailed its customers about it. Maybe I'm being a bit cynical. I'd still like to know what the new system software brings.

HI YES robertp download works well i to have not spotted any difference other than digital radio text but you and others may have a map update come as well but i have not  so still got a less than  two year old car with two and a half to three year old maps and had only one free  update in the first year and renault cannot understandn why those of us who bought the first ones ( ordered mid oct 2015 ) are not happy and many will not buy another renault again  ever

JC B)

got an email from connected services telling me about update so have just carried it out, first time I forgot to put in in the rlink folder doh.  anyway all sorted took an imprint and connected to rlink store to update maps but no updates , logged out and back in again and then it popped up with latest map update so just downloading that now

I did the rlink update, but Toolbox doesn't show any map updates (stays on Downloads - waiting). I do have Map Update subscription that expires in 98 days. Never received any map updates though.

9 minutes ago, Boyko said:

I did the rlink update, but Toolbox doesn't show any map updates (stays on Downloads - waiting). I do have Map Update subscription that expires in 98 days. Never received any map updates though.

Seems like I had to first manually "push" the new map via Rlink Store -> Manage Products -> Install. Now downloading Map of Europe V16.12 in Toolbox :) 

Well I've spent a highly productive (?) afternoon downloading the Maps update from RLink Toolbox. When I took the attached pic I was beginning to lose the will to live. Anyway I'm going to install it (hopefully) after tea. I'll let you know how it goes, it said "allow 30 minutes for installation". Nobody can tell me that this is a good method to get updates. If I get another car you can bet it will have Smartphone mirroring and/or updates direct to the car over wifi. It's like the eighties learning MS-DOS over again.

20180126_160837.jpg.f1846f993eab19412bc67e9f5a861911.jpg

It took me at least one and a half hours! No joke. I'm using BT Infinity (supposedly faster than average) but it does tend to slow down when the kids from the local school get home. I'm using a Mac but that shouldn't make all that difference. I'll put it down to the superb British infrastructure (Third World).

10 minutes ago, Boyko said:

Took me 2 hours on a 1 gigabit line (yeah, Bulgaria speeds :P) - its throttled server-side..

Thats for the Map (4gb+). The rlink update took seconds to dl.

I've just installed the map update and it took about the 35 minutes they said it would. No error messages so I assume everything is ok. I checked  if anything had changed but it looked the same. Where does it show the map version? It shows 9.12.80.689874 but nowhere can I find V16.12. Also with regard to my previous post about download speed, Boyko had the same problem but the files were 4,659 MB. If Robertp's download took a few minutes were they Zipped, mine weren't.

I think we're talking two different downloads here - one is the R-link2 v2.2.19.200 software update - this is ~600MB, zipped, and is very quick to download. Then there's the Map of Europe V16.12 which is about four and a half gigabytes, and takes between 1.5 and 2 hours to download, at least for me, which is why I believe they limit the download speeds for the map.

I don't remember the exact menu to check map version - its like Navigation -> About or similar, here's a pic of mine after the update - it doesn't say V16.12, but it says Feb 13 2017, while it used to be from 2015 before (this is the first update I have ever installed).

20180126_192248.jpg

1 hour ago, Boyko said:

I think we're talking two different downloads here - one is the R-link2 v2.2.19.200 software update - this is ~600MB, zipped, and is very quick to download. Then there's the Map of Europe V16.12 which is about four and a half gigabytes, and takes between 1.5 and 2 hours to download, at least for me, which is why I believe they limit the download speeds for the map.

I don't remember the exact menu to check map version - its like Navigation -> About or similar, here's a pic of mine after the update - it doesn't say V16.12, but it says Feb 13 2017, while it used to be from 2015 before (this is the first update I have ever installed).

20180126_192248.jpg

Are you sure you've had the map update?  Mine looks the same, but I didn't get any additions maps.  I just did V2.2.19.200. My maps have expired. 

20180124_151021.jpg

I just checked and it seems that at the top of the About screen thats the Navigation app version, which changes when R-Link 2 software update is installed. Since we all installed that we all have the same thing there.

At the bottom of that screen is the actual map version, mine says 2016_12 there, while @Wales has 2015_06 which is the older map. @PatWar you need to check that to make sure your map update went fine.

20180127_001418.jpg

6 minutes ago, Boyko said:

I just checked and it seems that at the top of the About screen thats the Navigation app version, which changes when R-Link 2 software update is installed. Since we all installed that we all have the same thing there.

At the bottom of that screen is the actual map version, mine says 2016_12 there, while @Wales has 2015_06 which is the older map. @PatWar you need to check that to make sure your map update went fine.

20180127_001418.jpg

Cheers, that makes sense.  I'm currently I  discussion with Renault to get an extension to my maps. 

i have read in a spanish forum that in the last firmware (which is this) the android auto (just) can be activated. can someone try? or if someone already tried, would you please confirm whether it is true or not? thank you

3 hours ago, firat353535 said:

i have read in a spanish forum that in the last firmware (which is this) the android auto (just) can be activated. can someone try? or if someone already tried, would you please confirm whether it is true or not? thank you

I also read in the bulgarian forum, that such a line is present in the hidden menus or the code of the software, but as far as I know, the hardware is not compatible. There appears to be a Romanian guy, who say he can enable this feature for 50 euro, but I think it's a hoax, unless he uses a soldering tool :)

Offtopic to Boyko: (Мараба баце :D )

Like the rest of you here, I've now installed the new firmware 2.2.19.200, however, as I let my map subscription lapse on 3 December 2017 due to my annoyance with Renault about their abject failure to provide promised updates in the 12 months I've had my Kadjar, the store now suggests that I pay £75.00 for the new updated Europe map. After a few words with customer service by e-mail, they have agreed that, as the map updates were actually available prior to 3 December but were delayed by "technical difficulties", I am correct in thinking that I should receive the new update free of charge and that they will contact me "shortly" with instructions on how this can be done. That is, once they have fathomed out how they can do it! I suspect that I may well have changed the car in a year or so's time before I get any free map update. 😀 We shall see.

On 22/01/2018 at 7:46 PM, fkovacs213 said:

Dear Kadjar Users,

You can find the latest firmware here: https://www.renault-multimedia.com/gbr_EN/r-link2/upgrade

image.thumb.png.96608af573b0855d59c4b0e114cd51c9.png

You can type your VIN number to check and it is good you can download new firmware: 2.2.19.200

Regards, fkovacs213

I've downloaded it but can't manage to install it on the car, any ideas? 

Regards Steve