Parking camera view?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Does the Renault share the 360* birds eye view that the qashqai uses? My Tekna had a camera under each mirror and 1 at the back and 1 at front. The results of this could then be seen as a view from above, down either side, or front and rear.

One of the few areas in which I found the qashqai better. My present Kadjar only has F/R sensors and not tried a camera equipped version.

1 hour ago, turboted10 said:

Does the Renault share the 360* birds eye view that the qashqai uses? My Tekna had a camera under each mirror and 1 at the back and 1 at front. The results of this could then be seen as a view from above, down either side, or front and rear.

One of the few areas in which I found the qashqai better. My present Kadjar only has F/R sensors and not tried a camera equipped version.

We have a Signature Nav with the "Parking Pack Premium" option. The camera is rear-view only, but the 360 degree sensors are pretty good, if you are approaching a pavement on the side while parking, it gives you warning -  saves crunching the alloys! That's only really needed at night when you can't see the pavement out of the mirrors - lights-out-of-the-sills would be nice for night-time though...

2 hours ago, Johnbridge said:

We have a Signature Nav with the "Parking Pack Premium" option. The camera is rear-view only, but the 360 degree sensors are pretty good, if you are approaching a pavement on the side while parking, it gives you warning -  saves crunching the alloys! That's only really needed at night when you can't see the pavement out of the mirrors - lights-out-of-the-sills would be nice for night-time though...

Hmmmm, just wondering why when sister Nissan had/has a cracking camera system, Renault haven't adopted it??

I'm 1/2way through my Kadjar ownership. All is good enough for me to be considering another one, albeit top spec and bigger engined next time.

Big clincher as it stands today will be is the qashqai any quieter and more reliable, and the other side, is Renaults parking system as good as Nissans.

It will come down to the top specification quality and what you get at each stage, Nissan have dumbed down the Tekna so now you have to buy a tekna+ to get the same, we'll see.

19 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Hmmmm, just wondering why when sister Nissan had/has a cracking camera system, Renault haven't adopted it??

I'm 1/2way through my Kadjar ownership. All is good enough for me to be considering another one, albeit top spec and bigger engined next time.

Big clincher as it stands today will be is the qashqai any quieter and more reliable, and the other side, is Renaults parking system as good as Nissans.

It will come down to the top specification quality and what you get at each stage, Nissan have dumbed down the Tekna so now you have to buy a tekna+ to get the same, we'll see.

Bigger engine? The new 1.3 petrol engine [up to 158 bhp & 270 Nm] that's going into the Scenic soon should be available some time in the Kadjar/Qashqai as well? It was developed jointly by Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi & Daimler. I was swayed towards the Kadjar [compared to Qashqai] by the 4 year warranty & roadside assistance, though another post on here suggests that's stopping? Having had a car with a reversing camera, don't think we'd get one without it next time...

3 hours ago, Johnbridge said:

Bigger engine? The new 1.3 petrol engine [up to 158 bhp & 270 Nm] that's going into the Scenic soon should be available some time in the Kadjar/Qashqai as well? It was developed jointly by Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi & Daimler. I was swayed towards the Kadjar [compared to Qashqai] by the 4 year warranty & roadside assistance, though another post on here suggests that's stopping? Having had a car with a reversing camera, don't think we'd get one without it next time...

Bigger as in the 1.6dci, to lazy for reving petrol engines these days.

The warranty is being reduced, checked that out myself,

Regarding the camera, I'd go along with that, ie having had a car with a camera........., I didn't this time hence my wish to ensure I get it right next time, BUT, and this is the reason for this post, Nissan have now dropped the system they adopted. They named a whole range of cars after it, the 360 qashqai. They were right, it was brilliant, but I'm guessing too expensive.

This is the point and this is how that camera worked. You have a degree of mobility issue, ie can't hang your head out of the side of the car or spin around easily. (me).

You have full visual and spatial awareness, me again, but you have to park between 2 cars, up to a high kerb and alongside a traffic sign at the kerbs edge. So the following helped a lot.

The 360 system caught the lot, even flattening the signs perspective so that you had a true birds eye view.

I wouldn't want less than that in my next car hence the question.

PS info based on checking out the current qashqai spec today after starting thing topic.

38 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

Bigger as in the 1.6dci, to lazy for reving petrol engines these days.

The warranty is being reduced, checked that out myself,

Regarding the camera, I'd go along with that, ie having had a car with a camera........., I didn't this time hence my wish to ensure I get it right next time, BUT, and this is the reason for this post, Nissan have now dropped the system they adopted. They named a whole range of cars after it, the 360 qashqai. They were right, it was brilliant, but I'm guessing too expensive.

This is the point and this is how that camera worked. You have a degree of mobility issue, ie can't hang your head out of the side of the car or spin around easily. (me).

You have full visual and spatial awareness, me again, but you have to park between 2 cars, up to a high kerb and alongside a traffic sign at the kerbs edge. So the following helped a lot.

The 360 system caught the lot, even flattening the signs perspective so that you had a true birds eye view.

I wouldn't want less than that in my next car hence the question.

PS info based on checking out the current qashqai spec today after starting thing topic.

I've just downloaded the Qashqai brochure, page 11 explains their "...whole new perspective.." with: " The Nissan Intelligent Around-View Monitor uses four cameras to give you a virtual bird’s-eye view of your QASHQAI with selectable split-scene close-ups of the front, rear and kerbside to give you an even better look" Is that not the system you want? It has a front & rear cameras as well as under the door mirrors....  As an aside - I like it when manufacturers allow you to download brochures without having to give them your name/address/email/phone number. Well done on that [at least] to Nissan & Renault!

7 hours ago, Johnbridge said:

Kadjar already has the TCE 165 petrol engine option, 163 BHP and a 1618 cc turbo.

17 hours ago, Johnbridge said:

True! At the moment! Wonder why they are spending money developing a new engine?

Probably the rubbish torque (if the 205 Nm quoted in the brochure is correct) ! Maybe the rubbish fuel consumption too, so they won't have to cheat the official tests for urban cycle as much in future.

33 minutes ago, Dave4774 said:

Probably the rubbish torque (if the 205 Nm quoted in the brochure is correct) ! Maybe the rubbish fuel consumption too, so they won't have to cheat the official tests for urban cycle as much in future.

I would think the 1.6 petrol has 240Nm, same as the Qashqai 1.6; the Top Gear review quotes 240Nm too. Real-life NOx figures for the 1.2 and 1.6 petrols don't seem good [https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/pollution-and-air-quality/cleaning-londons-vehicles/newer-vehicle-checker] Other manufacturers seem to be able to make "Clean" petrols, so Renault are playing catch-up?

On 20/01/2018 at 2:05 PM, Johnbridge said:

I've just downloaded the Qashqai brochure, page 11 explains their "...whole new perspective.." with: " The Nissan Intelligent Around-View Monitor uses four cameras to give you a virtual bird’s-eye view of your QASHQAI with selectable split-scene close-ups of the front, rear and kerbside to give you an even better look" Is that not the system you want? It has a front & rear cameras as well as under the door mirrors....  As an aside - I like it when manufacturers allow you to download brochures without having to give them your name/address/email/phone number. Well done on that [at least] to Nissan & Renault!

I may be mistaken, I didn't do a full download but the brief model spec didn't show it. I'll take a better luck as the system you quoted is what I had before.

There was a fault with it as in wet weather water hung in droplets from the lenses and the view was like looking through a goldfish bowl.

The two diesel engines are like chalk and cheese. 1.5 is super smooth and quite bur not too punchy, the 1.6 performs far better but is coarser and noisier. I went from the 1.6 to 1.5 expecting a big fuel saving, I didn't get it, you can only achieve decent results by driving like a granny and I feel the 1.6 returns a better result under real modern driving conditions.

Jury still out as to whether 1.5/1.6/Kadjar or qashqai next time but if the hybrid range improves, well........................

In a word no the Kadjar doesn’t have a 360 birds view option, only a reverse camera on certain models.

it is possible to retro fit one.  I find the camera useful.

i like the juke 360 camera system, we have one, when you get used to it, the vehicle can virtually just be parked.

im still looking at a retro fit option for my Kadjar 

12 hours ago, darenh said:

In a word no the Kadjar doesn’t have a 360 birds view option, only a reverse camera on certain models.

it is possible to retro fit one.  I find the camera useful.

i like the juke 360 camera system, we have one, when you get used to it, the vehicle can virtually just be parked.

im still looking at a retro fit option for my Kadjar 

The Nissan system is very good. Haven't tried the Juke but guess the same. Only real issue was that in the 63plte qashqai we had the screen was set way too low for tall drivers. Your attention was either on the screen or the outside world, it needed a distinct movement of the head to change from one to the other. We had a Megane estate and the info screen was right at the top of the dashm, higher than the qas/kadj. Best place in my mind.