Why are most threads here about Kadjars open ended
2 2

9 posts in this topic

It's simple, someone asks a question, a good few spare the time to offer answers or suggestions and then zilch, nothing. It's like a 3rd form chemistry experiment where scope,apparatus, method etc is listed but no conclusion .

Please, if you start a post, end or try to end it with your view/result/even disgust, just complete it as many of us follow on a daily basis and want this forum to be as informative as possible.

Just now, shedder101 said:

still nobody else got 100/100 on the eco2 ?????????

I did once , it was at 3am with no traffic and me driving it like a milk float , but the car's gone so I can't prove it ....You'll just have to trust me :D

19 hours ago, ulfire said:

I did it ! honest ! bigly 

Thing is it depends on how far you measure it over, I would imagine it's easy to do if you pick the time place and distance. Mine is normally 88, gives at least an indication that while I'm not a slow driver, I don't brake or accelerate more than I need to. My best is still 93 over 18 months of ownership.

Reset it for a motorway run, and just drive at traffic speed so you aren't creating a moving hazard then check the results, way down.

15 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

Thing is it depends on how far you measure it over, I would imagine it's easy to do if you pick the time place and distance. Mine is normally 88, gives at least an indication that while I'm not a slow driver, I don't brake or accelerate more than I need to. My best is still 93 over 18 months of ownership.

Reset it for a motorway run, and just drive at traffic speed so you aren't creating a moving hazard then check the results, way down.

That was my point in my own quirky little way :D "me driving it like a milk float " . Under normal circumstances and over a period of time !00 is not possible without been a hazard to other road users 

4 hours ago, ulfire said:

That was my point in my own quirky little way :D "me driving it like a milk float " . Under normal circumstances and over a period of time !00 is not possible without been a hazard to other road users 

That's the issue, you do have to be sensible and waste a little more gas just to keep yourself and others safe.

However by the weekend I will picture a figure of 100% on my dash and post it here, otherwise I will have committed the sin I set out to highlight.

For me the Eco is always switched off along with the stop/start. This may not be considered "green", but with my 1.5d I get around 57mpg and I'm very happy. I consider these features all add up to lost power, delay and incorrect hype which can in some circumstances be considered dangerous. But then again what do I know, I've only been driving for 55 years. :rolleyes: