• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

space saver spare
2 2

17 posts in this topic

You are right it comes with just tyre repair kit and yes there is provision. I think it is very much an individual choice about the spare, for me it is not worth it I do not want the bother of trying to change a tyre on the roadside, if the supplied kit fails you have the option (preferred for me) to call Renault breakdown which is the RAC but for others it is essential to have a spare.

Am I right in thinking that my soon to have Dyno S nav comes with a tyre repair kit and not a spare and if so, is it worth trying to buy one. I presume that there is still provision

The spare wheel is available separately for  ,I think £190 . A bit overpriced I know ,but you could ask the dealer if he could order one for you . Swansea did it for me and it was fitted when I picked up the car . From previous experience of having a blow out , an inflation kit  was about as much use to me as a chocolate fireguard . Yes Renault sent the RAC along for assistance . I waited for about an hour for them to turn up and fit their spacesaver , then drive to the nearest tyre centre immediately so that the RAC could reclaim their spacesaver whilst I had a new one fitted  . All this in the pouring rain and I arrived at work three hours late soaking wet . Had I had a spare I would have been about 10 minutes late ...still soaking wet though :D

Living as I do in the middle of nowhere and having an awful experience with the tyre inflation kit having a spare wheel this time was a no brainer.

Having a side wall puncture (for which the inflation kit wont fix) on a country lane in an area with no mobile signal in the middle of the night and pouring with rain didn't exactly endear me to my inflation kit. Never again. :angry:

Mines coming with 19 inch wheels. From what I've seen, space saver wheels are 16 inch, so is it o.k. to run one of these or have I got to have 19 inch

The overall size of the wheel and tyre will be the same. On the spare, there will be much higher tyre sidewall, while on the alloy, the wheel itself is larger but tyre sidewall smaller.

I got the spare with mine, have used the gunk before and it trashes the tyre as it lines inside with gunk to seal it, but you may get a puncture that is repairable and could save the Tyre to fight another day.

Fill it with gunk and you have to throw it and buy a new one and when i am covering 20k miles a year and i want my moneys worth out the tyres...LOL

If no spare what happens in middle of night when RAC take u to tyre shop then they leave u there stranded till the shop opens as they take there spare away u really need to have a spare not a can I think anyway

On 3/21/2016 at 1:21 PM, Jp79er said:

I got the spare with mine, have used the gunk before and it trashes the tyre as it lines inside with gunk to seal it, but you may get a puncture that is repairable and could save the Tyre to fight another day.

Fill it with gunk and you have to throw it and buy a new one and when i am covering 20k miles a year and i want my moneys worth out the tyres...LOL

you do not have to put a new tyre  on when you use the gunk i had a puncture used the gunk i still had a slow puncture took it to the puncture repair and had the  puncture fixed ?

Hii keyman    Not saying you CANNOT repair after gunk repair BUT it does say on can DO NOT repair never understood why  or ever used it but suspect ATS and the like will not do a repair if gunk used

JC