• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Front sensors when parking forward don’t work?
3 3

12 posts in this topic

My brand new 67 plate Kadjar when parking nose/front in the sensors don’t activate! I asked a product genius at Renault and he said they only work in reverse! What’s the point! Is there a way to get them to work when going forward at low speed i.e. multi storey car parks as the wife hates these places and has a Clio and feels the Kadjar is massive when she has a shot at parking. 

Hi Total rubbish if yours is fitted with front sensors, can you see them in the bumper, if so should work when moving forward but car must be in 1'st gear do not work in neutral ours make a noise if someone walks in front of it in standing traffic,into your dealer me thinks good luck 🙃

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

Same with my Kadjar. But as JC said, car must be in 1st gear, speed under 15km/h. 

I have no problem its sensors, but usually stop the car before "fine parking" and start slowly move ahead...

13 hours ago, ulfire said:

My front sensors gave me warnings of anything in front of them ...that's sort of the point of them . What trim have you got ? I don't think front sensors are on all trims if I remember correctly 

I’ve not picked it up yet but on the test drive they didn’t work, it’s a dynamic s nav which come with front sensors, we even had the Renault tech genius in the car with us and he said they only work when in reverse! I was like surely no!

4 hours ago, turboted10 said:

Wouldn't be the 1st time so;      Do you actually have front sensors fitted?????  Do you have them selected in the menu????

Yes it’s a dynamic s nav, pick it up at the end of the month, we test drove a d s nav and they had them on it

13 hours ago, J C said:

Hi Total rubbish if yours is fitted with front sensors, can you see them in the bumper, if so should work when moving forward but car must be in 1'st gear do not work in neutral ours make a noise if someone walks in front of it in standing traffic,into your dealer me thinks good luck 🙃

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

Cool I’ll check when we pick the car up at the end of the month, just my mrs wants them for in multi storey car parks

36 minutes ago, Scott said:

Yes it’s a dynamic s nav, pick it up at the end of the month, we test drove a d s nav and they had them on it

Same trim as mine was and the forward sensors worked . The product "genius " wasn't called Trump was he ? ;)

1 hour ago, ulfire said:

Same trim as mine was and the forward sensors worked . The product "genius " wasn't called Trump was he ? ;)

You better watch out after that,  

,;), who knows where his prejudice ends, good golf courses in Wales are there???

Just now, turboted10 said:

You better watch out after that,  

,;), who knows where his prejudice ends, good golf courses in Wales are there???

Probably ... but I'm one of those that thinks that golf is a waste of a good walk :D...just like he's a waste of good air 

I thought the OP had an issue with his car but it was the test car??????  It's unusual to get a test drive in the actual car you purchase as it would be an ex demo. If that's the case the dealer is a numptie for talking bo**ox and for letting you test a car that was faulty.

There is one issue that has been raised on here before of people complaining they don't work at normal speeds when parking, or that they aren't sensitive enough. In truth like all assistance it has to be given time to do it's job.