• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

HILL STARTS
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have an almost new petrol Kadjar and a steep drive from my garage (1 in 4 ). When I drive or reverse out the car gets slower so it is necessary to apply more pressure on the accelerator which makes the car suddenly race up the drive at a frightening speed. It is impossible to drive the car slowly up the slope. A few days ago when I was reversing in it was obviously going too near the nearside wall that I stopped and  I tried to go back up the drive  but it was slow to pick up speed and in fact went backwards and broke off the near side wing mirror which is going to cost me £550. Any advice please.

Peter Hall

Automatic?

Hill start assist works by applying firm pressure in the brake pedal, brake pedal goes hard for a couple of seconds allowing you to take the accelerator upto the holding point.

go to a slope and practice basically

You don’t have eco turned on? I’ve noticed reversing up my drive I get that quick acceleration all of a sudden. Doesn’t seem that bad when eco turned off. Car more responsive from the moment I touch the acceleration pedal  with eco turned off.