Speedometer style resetting after few days
4 4

41 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2018 at 5:22 PM, Barbara said:

Thanks ulfire. I suggested that to them but they said that they had checked the battery and it was OK. They now want it in for a week but, because I need a courtesy car, they can't do that until the 19th March. I am disappointed to wait so long for them to fix a fault on a brand new car and told them so. l will post the outcome

Joy oh Joy, just had a call from Renault Cheltenham to say that they are closing down and so they have cancelled my appointment. I now have to start again with the Gloucester Renault. Taking it today for them to 'have a look at it'

On 3/7/2018 at 7:21 AM, Barbara said:

Joy oh Joy, just had a call from Renault Cheltenham to say that they are closing down and so they have cancelled my appointment. I now have to start again with the Gloucester Renault. Taking it today for them to 'have a look at it'

Went into Renault Gloucester on Wednesday. They saw the problem and said that the had never seen anything like it before. They need it in for a few days so it is booked in on Monday and I will have a courtesy car. They need to talk to the engineers in France. Renault customer relations very helpful and positive keeping in touch and saying that they will replace the computer if necessary. Will update as and when!

On 3/9/2018 at 5:08 PM, Barbara said:

Went into Renault Gloucester on Wednesday. They saw the problem and said that the had never seen anything like it before. They need it in for a few days so it is booked in on Monday and I will have a courtesy car. They need to talk to the engineers in France. Renault customer relations very helpful and positive keeping in touch and saying that they will replace the computer if necessary. Will update as and when!

Just had a call from Renault Gloucester. They say the problem is with the display unit which needs replacing. They have ordered one and it should take 7-10 days.

Watch this space :-) 

On 2/22/2018 at 5:56 AM, Barbara said:

They had the car in yesterday and said that they re-booted the software and recharged the battery as it was only 80% ( I don't understand that because I had just done a 120 mile round trip in daylight). Guess what, after a few hours on the drive it reset. I will contact them as soon as they open.

Still waiting for replacement part apparently I am on a priority list.... some joke. Lots of kind words but he car is now over two months old with the same fault that was present on day 1. Never buy a Renault!

@Barbara I’m still waiting on the part for my car. They should have just ordered a whole new car over from wherever they come from, my car arrived quicker than this part did. 

Was supposed to have the part Monday gone. Didn’t arrive. Haven’t been given update since. 

On 4/16/2018 at 7:05 PM, Pmatthews05 said:

@Barbara I’m still waiting on the part for my car. They should have just ordered a whole new car over from wherever they come from, my car arrived quicker than this part did. 

Was supposed to have the part Monday gone. Didn’t arrive. Haven’t been given update since. 

Good news.... and bad. The part is apparently now in but.... wait for it, they can't fit it until May 15th. So a brand new car has a fault on day 1, they take over two months to identify the fault and to obtain a replacement part and then, despite me being on a so-call priority list, they need another month before they can fit it. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED WITH THEM

The part has finally arrived. Going in next Monday as the guy is away who will be fitting it! After the hoo-haa I've had with this part, I'm still doubtful it will fix the initial problem of the styles being reset.

Finally had the radio repaired! Only taken since January waiting for the part. As my fault takes up to a week to show itself, I cannot say if the replacement of the radio has solved my profile switching.

I’m not happy with this entire experience, including the phone all I had with this morning over the radio code. Apparently, I don’t need a new radio code, even though radio been replaced. Asked the guy to send me an email stating this. Said I want it in writing as I have trust issues, said he would email me. End of day and no email. Wonder why I have trust issues with companies? 

10 hours ago, Pmatthews05 said:

Finally had the radio repaired! Only taken since January waiting for the part. As my fault takes up to a week to show itself, I cannot say if the replacement of the radio has solved my profile switching.

I’m not happy with this entire experience, including the phone all I had with this morning over the radio code. Apparently, I don’t need a new radio code, even though radio been replaced. Asked the guy to send me an email stating this. Said I want it in writing as I have trust issues, said he would email me. End of day and no email. Wonder why I have trust issues with companies? 

Mine goes in next Wednesday to have the display unit replaced. Fingers crossed but, like you, I am not entirely convinced that this will fix the problem

11 hours ago, J C said:

Hi Radio code do kadjars have a radio code??????????🙃🙃🤔🤔

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

I don't think they do, certainly not printed into the manual which is the normal thing, Probably chipped to only work in one chassis? or even just programmed into RLink

There are Kadjars without RLink and only with radio - the old style ;) My 10 years old son was totally stunned when he saw one of these in the dealership :) He's never been into a car without sat-nav  before (basically always been with me or with the grandparents).

HI Yes I think all UK KADJARS have sat nav and r-link fitted seem to recall this in adds at launch time , our previous car a renault koleos 2009 mark one did not have a nav or a code for radio !!!!!

JC

The car went into the dealer yesterday to have the display unit replaced. There have been no resets so far and it has never gone this long without resetting before so I an cautiously optimistic that the issue is now resolved. Just disappointed that it has taken over 3 months but pleased the car is now as it should be (hopefully!)