1st service of Renault kadjar 1.5dci
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if on the first service Renault change the oil on kadjar or not. Mines I do not believe has been changed. Paid for the 3 year service plan and did not really get much done. Only a cabin filter change I believe. Please help. Oh and Renault ticked the box saying they reset the electronic dash service indicator but it says due in 9 days so I'm a bit sceptical of what they say they have done.

11 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Does anyone know if on the first service Renault change the oil on kadjar or not. Mines I do not believe has been changed. Paid for the 3 year service plan and did not really get much done. Only a cabin filter change I believe. Please help. Oh and Renault ticked the box saying they reset the electronic dash service indicator but it says due in 9 days so I'm a bit sceptical of what they say they have done.

I have the "My Renault" App for my Android phone; it shows exactly what gets done for each of the services - no oil-change after 1 year - I was a bit surprised by that, but maybe modern engines can cope with it...

6 hours ago, Johnbridge said:

I have the "My Renault" App for my Android phone; it shows exactly what gets done for each of the services - no oil-change after 1 year - I was a bit surprised by that, but maybe modern engines can cope with it...

But you can always get the oil changed and cut out the "maybe"??

20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I will book it in and get oil changed. Feel bit robbed paid all that money to Renault and have to change the oil myself. All these franchises are robbers though. Should have known better with Arnold Clark 

Hi Modern fully synthetic oils last a lot longer than old mineral oils this linked with better metals and engineering and cleaner fuels oil changes are at much greater mileages. If you choose to get it changed DO make sure correct grade of oil is used if not at a dealer . ASK exactly which make etc   I had  koleos and national tyres were quite happy to change oil for a good price but when pressed on replacement oil turned out not true spec for that vehicle and they could not get correct one for price quoted oil cost more than quote they said. !!!!!

JC. 😎😎🥃🥃

1 hour ago, J C said:

Hi Modern fully synthetic oils last a lot longer than old mineral oils this linked with better metals and engineering and cleaner fuels oil changes are at much greater mileages. If you choose to get it changed DO make sure correct grade of oil is used if not at a dealer . ASK exactly which make etc   I had  koleos and national tyres were quite happy to change oil for a good price but when pressed on replacement oil turned out not true spec for that vehicle and they could not get correct one for price quoted oil cost more than quote they said. !!!!!

JC. 😎😎🥃🥃

Fair point never thought about it that way. Renault should be explaining this though at first point of contact. When they sell their 3 year policy this should be highlighted. All of this is such a pity as I love my Renault. It's such a nice car to drive and own.

Just get the correct elf grade as supplied in the spare can with the new car, no one can argue then.

The no brainer is that there is so little to service at a year old on the car that has cost you £25k plus would you begrudge it £30's worth of soothing clean oil?

Take out the dip stick at 1 year and wipe it on a nice white hankie then decide better out or in, ;)

I took both the oil and correct filter to out local garage for the service on our Clio, (kadjar is leased)