R Link 2 Help
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi, apologies if this is elsewhere, I did try a search but all the help I found didn't cover this.

My car copies the r link to the USB fine,  but whenever I plug the USB into my laptop (I've tried 2 different laptops) the Download toolbox doeant do anything. The red X remains in the corner as if the USB has never been plugged in. The laptop identifies the USB immediately so I know that did is working, any help greatly appreciated. 

I did find out on here how to get the r-link seriel number form the car off here which helped me create my r-link account, but have hit this huge brick wall.

I can't update my system 

10 minutes ago, CrosshairS said:

Hi, apologies if this is elsewhere, I did try a search but all the help I found didn't cover this.

My car copies the r link to the USB fine,  but whenever I plug the USB into my laptop (I've tried 2 different laptops) the Download toolbox doeant do anything. The red X remains in the corner as if the USB has never been plugged in. The laptop identifies the USB immediately so I know that did is working, any help greatly appreciated. 

I did find out on here how to get the r-link seriel number form the car off here which helped me create my r-link account, but have hit this huge brick wall.

I can't update my system 

Hello, I remembering registering with RLink, and them sending me a welcome email with a link to the Toolbox. I followed that link and the pen-drive was totally ignored by the Toolbox too!

So, I then went direct to RLink at: https://gb.rlinkstore.com/home Logged-in and the first page had a big box to click "Download the new R-LINK 2 Toolbox software...." which I clicked - and obtained a Toolbox that actually worked! In other words - there are at least 2 x Toolboxes! One obtained from the welcome email [= duff one] and the one from the RLink website [= good one] At least that was the situation late September 2017....

34 minutes ago, CrosshairS said:

Thanks Johnbridge, I'll give that link a whirl. I've tried lots of things now. R link help desk are on to it too, been a pain as I've missed map updates now thanks mate

LOL - Map updates! trust me you've not missed a thing!