Is there any way to find out when my next service is due...
3 3

16 posts in this topic

HI 

 

Is there anyway to find out when my next service is due, either from within  Rlink or the dashboard? 

 

It seems to creep up on me and all of the sudden the dash board will come up with a message which does not seem to give me much time to book it in ...

 

Any help appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dash will alert you 30 days before service is due or at least ours doe's it shows at start up for a short while not sure how long  though🤔

JC 😎😎🥃🥃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just turn on ignition (put car into a gear and press START button for at least 2 sec). Move between functions on BC with key on right side of wheel... now there is new position SERVICE after milage... press and hold OK button and now you will enter into this menu. It will shows miles/months to service and oil change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bexcina said:

HI 

 

Is there anyway to find out when my next service is due, either from within  Rlink or the dashboard? 

 

It seems to creep up on me and all of the sudden the dash board will come up with a message which does not seem to give me much time to book it in ...

 

Any help appreciated!

There's an Android App called "My Renault" that, once you tell it about your car, shows you what it calls "Vehicle Maintenance". Mine shows that the next is an "(a)" service on September 2018. It also shows the "Servicing Schedule", which equals the jobs that need doing at each service.

It has irritating qualities too though - Mine won't connect unless I'm on the home Wi-Fi, because it needs a secure connection? [Won't work if connected via BT Wifi-with-FON for example] You can set figures for "Mileage" and "Average annual mileage", but when I attempted to put a lower figure in than it had guessed (?) it said I couldn't use a lower figure than the car's last "service" - it's never had a service! If it's really a "Connected" car, shouldn't the App be telling ME the mileage that it's got wirelessly from the car? Waste of time that bit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who is sick of getting messages about my tyre pressures, next servive due, risk of ice, gps update needed, etc. etc?

How do I disable all this (for me) unwanted advice or preferably make a selection on the R-Link display for what I want to know about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ulfire said:

Probably :D

Well, that was really helpful advice from an "Advanced Member":(

A Kia Sportage seems to possibly look better each day :unsure:

I admit that I made a big mistake and fell for the Bose Sound System and forgot about the loss of an extra 3 year warranty that I would have had with the Kia Sportage. Still, I guess we all live and learn. I was stupid enough to buy a Morris Marina in the 1980's rather than a Ford Cortina!  Perhaps it's now payback time for my past sins?:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RTFishall said:

Well, that was really helpful advice from an "Advanced Member":(

A Kia Sportage seems to possibly look better each day :unsure:

I admit that I made a big mistake and fell for the Bose Sound System and forgot about the loss of an extra 3 year warranty that I would have had with the Kia Sportage. Still, I guess we all live and learn. I was stupid enough to buy a Morris Marina in the 1980's rather than a Ford Cortina!  Perhaps it's now payback time for my past sins?:lol:

 

Sorry ,didn't mean to be unhelpful or anything . no offence meant 

I am a little puzzled as to why you wouldn't want tyre pressure warnings , "next service due only " should only pop up once a year ( unless you're a high mileage driver ) " risk of ice " warning has been on every car I've driven in the last ten years and " gps update required " ? ....I used to dream about updates for the Kadjar :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ulfire said:

Sorry ,didn't mean to be unhelpful or anything . no offence meant 

I am a little puzzled as to why you wouldn't want tyre pressure warnings , "next service due only " should only pop up once a year ( unless you're a high mileage driver ) " risk of ice " warning has been on every car I've driven in the last ten years and " gps update required " ? ....I used to dream about updates for the Kadjar :D

 

Took the words out of my mouth there, I didn't believe anyone got the notification let alone an update.

Must admit the ice warning does annoy me. always leaves me wondering what that sound is as from my normal driving position I can't see the waring at the bottom of the dash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, turboted10 said:

Must admit the ice warning does annoy me. always leaves me wondering what that sound is as from my normal driving position I can't see the waring at the bottom of the dash.

Know exactly what you mean about the ice warning . With all the dings and dongs I keep thinking " What's Happening ? "  even after all the years of driving with that system . It's problem worse when your mid drive and the temperature drops below 4 ...but that's what we'll have to live with from now on ....no biggie :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ulfire said:

Sorry ,didn't mean to be unhelpful or anything . no offence meant 

I am a little puzzled as to why you wouldn't want tyre pressure warnings , "next service due only " should only pop up once a year ( unless you're a high mileage driver ) " risk of ice " warning has been on every car I've driven in the last ten years and " gps update required " ? ....I used to dream about updates for the Kadjar :D

 

I'm dreaming about an update that will find me a parking space and even one when visiting my local Renault dealership!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, turboted10 said:

I'd just buy a season ticket, cheaper in the long run, ;);):rolleyes:

A season ticket, what's that?  I guess you live in the affulent south-east.  Here in Lincolnshire a "season ticket" refers to the time slot to harvest Brussell Sprouts for Southerner's Christmas Dinner!:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RTFishall said:

A season ticket, what's that?  I guess you live in the affulent south-east.  Here in Lincolnshire a "season ticket" refers to the time slot to harvest Brussell Sprouts for Southerner's Christmas Dinner!:lol:

NOOOOOO, I wouldn't live in a town for a pig and 9 young'uns Rural Derbyshire me.

It was a joke, ie book a season ticket AT the renault dealership, may come in handy for getting those little niggles sorted.;), although I think things are getting better for more recent purchases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, turboted10 said:

NOOOOOO, I wouldn't live in a town for a pig and 9 young'uns Rural Derbyshire me.

It was a joke, ie book a season ticket AT the renault dealership, may come in handy for getting those little niggles sorted.;), although I think things are getting better for more recent purchases.

Pleased to hear it..... Any chance if you could send me some of those wonderful Derbyshire hills?  Here in Lincolshire the parking brake is a unrequired  option.:lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

3 3