• Announcements

• shedder101

WE Have Moved To www.renaultkadjarforum.com   06/11/2018

i invite all members to take a look at this our new home    https://renaultkadjarforum.com/   we are moving to a better side of the street    See you all There.   if your having trouble registering look for the activation email in your spam folder   Shedder101

Kadjar creaking from steering
2 2

11 posts in this topic

My Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Auto is 2 years old and went in for its 2nd service a month ago. A few days after the service there was a severe rachet like noise when the car went left or right mostly the latter. Reported to dealer who could not find problem. Told to bring it back immediately i experienced. Went back when it occurred again took mechanic out who distinctly heard the creaking although not as bad as first time. Car booked in yesterday. They now cannot hear creaking and suggest it may be dust on the brakes. The brakes have never been an issue. This job not covered by warranty cost £126 plus vat. Am reluctant to pay as i have just had a b service and this may not resolve the problem. I asked them to check other things mentioned in similar circumstances on the Forum i.e heat shield  rotor steering arm strut but they say they carry out their own checks with experienced technicians.

The nlise is intermittent.

Any suggestions please?

Had similar noise on our 15 month/9000 mile Sig Nav Tce Auto.

Diagnosed by dealer (after we suggested the mechanic turned off the radio so he could hear the noise) as a worn suspension strut top mount.

Replaced under warranty.

Car is currently away having some dents knocked out of it so not had much chance to confirm that fault cured.

Hi If the noise is when you turn and not when braking why suspect brakes try turning and not braking if it still does it will not be brakes I would say no to paying for work if not totally sure of a fix and dust will NOT stop brakes from working so don't worry about that. Just a thought did they take wheels off to check brakes ?????? At service ours WERE removed at first service they may have disturbed dust ???????? Did they ask for locking nut tool for wheels when serviced is  checking brakes on schedule at service you have paid for and did they check them ????????

JC😎😎☕️☕️🥃🥃

2 hours ago, J C said:

Hi If the noise is when you turn and not when braking why suspect brakes try turning and not braking if it still does it will not be brakes I would say no to paying for work if not totally sure of a fix and dust will NOT stop brakes from working so don't worry about that. Just a thought did they take wheels off to check brakes ?????? At service ours WERE removed at first service they may have disturbed dust ???????? Did they ask for locking nut tool for wheels when serviced is  checking brakes on schedule at service you have paid for and did they check them ????????

JC😎😎☕️☕️🥃🥃

Thanks JC. Have done this. Not braked when turning but noise still there. Will speak to Dealer again

Hi On service schedule states check condition of front and rear brakes so dealer SHOULD have taken wheels of to do this , now if it was mine I would check wheels NUTS ARE TIGHT  can make strange noises if not FULLY TIGHT   ASAP if I was you😯

JC.  😎🥃🥃

Hi,

i may be experiencing the same thing - only when low speed and turning steering wheel a fair way to the right....left is free and easy - right seems to having something rubbing behind steering wheel.....is this the same issue?

IMG_7426.MOV

Hi Callum 62.

Mine was at low speed and mostly when turning right but not a rubbing noise. Initially loud rachety noise and now creaking from time to time. Witnessed by Dealer mechanic both left and right but when car booked in could not find. Asked to bring it in again when noise occurs for senior technician to see. I live in hope and before something worse happens.

You should get the rubbing checked

2 hours ago, callum_62 said:

Hi,

i may be experiencing the same thing - only when low speed and turning steering wheel a fair way to the right....left is free and easy - right seems to having something rubbing behind steering wheel.....is this the same issue?

IMG_7426.MOV

Hi Callum

Have looked at and heard from img you sent. Yes the rachety noise when turning right is very similar to my problem. If you find the answer pl let me know

Absolutely the same with me. Same sound and preferably at clockwise, just like your case, but only when in place (yet). I also think it's more common when cold. 

On 1/22/2018 at 7:42 PM, callum_62 said:

Hi,

IMG_7426.MOV

Kadjar in for first service as I write this post and have flagged up creaking noise when turning wheel fully left/right. Will post reply if issue solved.

My musical extra when cold and wet...

I believe it's from the mackferson bearing pad. A guy from our local forum just confirmed that in some way. He said, he went to his dealer and they've said it's from the bearing. Sprayed some grease on it and it went all quiet from then on. They were about to change the bearings and the pad if it was not helping.